University of Reading
Coaching and Behavioural Change
Organisations are increasingly looking to coaching - conducted by both dedicated coaches and line managers to help executives work through challenging business issues.
To contribute effectively to the business agenda, a coach needs the ability to align coaching objectives to business objectives.
The Henley MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change is unique in its emphasis on the organisational context for coaching, and for the inclusion of a practitioner research project as an integral part of the programme.
This course is designed for those who are using, and intend to develop further, a coaching approach either in a line management role or as a professional freelance executive coach. It is also intended for managers who may be seeking to build a business-focused coaching culture within their organisations.
You will typically have a good first degree or an equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 5 years' management experience. However, applications are welcomed from individuals with substantial knowledge, experience and skills in a relevant field who do not meet these requirements. An excellent level of English is essential and proficiency testing may be requested.
Completing the MSc will enable you to more fully:
- Understand the dynamics of coaching relationships: individual, team and organisational
- Increase your range of coaching tools and techniques and know when and how to deploy them
- Develop the analytical and problem solving skills that facilitate coaching of senior managers
- Build an understanding of the psychological processes involved in behavioural change and how coaching can be used effectively to support this
- Build mastery and confidence in coaching by broadening and deepening your knowledge and understanding of yourself and others
- Experience coaching supervision
- Apply your coaching skills to a management challenge that will develop your ability to align coaching with business objectives.
Our aim at Henley Careers is to empower you to leave the Business School with the confidence to successfully progress your career.
We will work with you to help you understand your strengths, as well as identify the obstacles and opportunities around you.
Research, both at Henley and other leading business schools, shows that people who are self-reliant and considered "career-activists" usually achieve higher levels of success. We therefore encourage your job search to be driven by you and your needs, but along the way, we provide you with advice and insight regarding your strategy.
Career Development Services for our MBA students include:
in-curricular career development sessions on competence and skills development
one-to-one career coaching to help you work out where you are going and how best to achieve your objectives.
- Neuroscience and psychology for behavioural change
- Henley Professional Certificate in Coaching
- Advanced coaching practice
- Group dynamics and systems thinking
- Becoming a reflective practitioner
MSc: Normally a good first or second class UK honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) or equivalent professional qualification. We also require five years' management/leadership experience and experience of coaching/being coached.
IELTS: 7.0 overall with no element less than 6.0 (or equivalent).
* Neuroscience and psychology for behavioural change
* Henley Professional Certificate in Coaching
* Advanced coaching practice
* Group dynamics and systems thinking
* Becoming a reflective practitioner
The total fee is split into three stages:
- Stage 1: £8,000
- Stage 2: £8,750
- Stage 3: £2,750
Fees quoted exclude residential costs for workshops.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Part-time||£ 19,500 (Whole course)||Home/EU||30 Months|
|PgDip||Part-time||£ 17,750 (Whole course)||Home/EU||30 Months|
|PgCert||Part-time||£ 8,500 (Whole course)||Home/EU||30 Months|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2019||30 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability