University of Reading
Special Education Needs Coordinator
* The PGCert SENCo is required for all new SENCos within three years of appointment
* Reflect on, examine and explore ways to meet individual differences through appropriate educational provision
* Consists of three 20-credit modules and a non-credit bearing module (The Portfolio), which provide a combination of theoretical information and practical skills.
* Taught by expert practitioners, researchers and academics
**Education at Reading**
Our Institute of Education is an established leading provider of high-quality training and research in education. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework assessment (2014), 80% of our research was rated as world leading or internationally excellent, with a global impact on educational policy and practice.
Our passion for transforming lives through education is at the heart of our commitment to developing caring, reflective, professional educational practitioners. Our networks and the impact of our work are both local and global. Locally, we have well-established partnerships with over 300 schools, which we work closely with to train the next generation of outstanding teachers. Globally, our research, consultancy and other projects extend to countries as varied as China, Jamaica, the USA and Singapore.
At master's level, we offer a broad range of courses including a flexible MA Education with specialised pathways; certificates in Early Years Practice, Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) and Reflective Practice; and an extensive range of teacher training courses with first-rate placements. Additionally, we co-deliver an MA English Language Education course with Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert: You are normally required to (1) have a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK), (2) be a qualified teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent further education or early years qualification, and (3) be currently working in a school or similar education provider. If you have other qualifications and a number of years' relevant work experience, then you may also be eligible to apply, but cannot attain PGCert SENCo without QTS or equivalent.
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent).
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert: * Policies and practice
* Overcoming barriers to learning
* Learners with difficulties and disabilities
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert: * Policies and practice: historical context and current legislative frameworks
* Overcoming barriers to learning: common barriers to learning and ways to address them
* Learners with difficulties and disabilities: common types of disabilities: the module is supported by national experts
These course fees cover the cost of your tuition. Some courses will require additional payments for field trips and extra resources. You will also need to budget for your accommodation and living costs.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|PgCert||Part-time||£ 780 (Academic year)||Home/EU||12 36 Months|
|PgCert||Part-time||£ 1,660 (Academic year)||International||12 36 Months|
|Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert||Full-time||September 2018||12 12 Months|
|Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert||Full-time||September 2019||12 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability