Education (Inclusive Education)
* Gain detailed understanding of teaching and learning for all pupils
* Examine up-to-date research and current legislation to deepen your theoretical and practical knowledge of different types of disabilities and ways to meet the needs of these groups
* Provides an excellent foundation for doctoral studies in education
* Designed to be flexible
**Education at Reading**
Our Institute of Education is an established leading provider of high-quality training and research in education. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework assessment (2014), 80% of our research was rated as world leading or internationally excellent, with a global impact on educational policy and practice.
Our passion for transforming lives through education is at the heart of our commitment to developing caring, reflective, professional educational practitioners. Our networks and the impact of our work are both local and global. Locally, we have well-established partnerships with over 300 schools, which we work closely with to train the next generation of outstanding teachers. Globally, our research, consultancy and other projects extend to countries as varied as China, Jamaica, the USA and Singapore.
At master's level, we offer a broad range of courses including a flexible MA Education with specialised pathways; certificates in Early Years Practice, Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) and Reflective Practice; and an extensive range of teacher training courses with first-rate placements. Additionally, we co-deliver an MA English Language Education course with Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.
You are normally required to have a good first or second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK). Apart from the standard university entry requirements, we normally expect students to have a professional background in education and training with experience of teaching. Ideally we would like students to have had at least two years' experience of teaching/training but will consider applications from good students with at least one year's experience. If you have a slightly lower degree qualification than usual, this can be compensated for by good teaching experience.
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 6.0 (or equivalent).
Sample modules may include:
* Values and practices in education: an overview of key philosophical, social, cultural and political debates about education
* Investigating education: provides both theoretical and practical knowledge to support educational research and enquiry
* Child development: covers the development of children up to and including puberty, and this may impact on education
* Learners with special educational needs: explores some of the key disabilities found in educational settings and the historical context and current approaches to supporting students with additional learning needs.
* Supporting students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder: covers the nature of the Autistic Spectrum Disorder and the ways the education system may make provision for students to ensure effective learning
Check our website for more details of the course structure.
These course fees cover the cost of your tuition. Some courses will require additional payments for field trips and extra resources. You will also need to budget for your accommodation and living costs.
For part-time fees please contact the university.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MA||Full-time||£ 7,180 (Whole course)||Home/EU||12 Months|
|MA||Full-time||£ 15,270 (Whole course)||International||12 Months|
|MA||Part-time||Home/EU||0 63 Months|
|MA||Part-time||International||0 63 Months|
|MA||Full-time||September 2018||15,650 (Whole course)||International||12 12 Months|
|MA||Full-time||September 2018||7,360 (Whole course)||Home/EU||12 12 Months|
|MA||Part-time||September 2018||15,650 (Whole course)||International||63 63 Months|
|MA||Part-time||September 2018||7,360 (Whole course)||Home/EU||63 63 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability