Accounting and Finance
* Advanced programme for students who are accounting graduates or equivalent
* Understand the role of finance in the contemporary commercial environment
* Learn to make judgements on complex commercial issues
* Suited to anyone who wants to enter a career in financial markets or advisory/financial services
* Provides the opportunity to gain exemption from four Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional exams (BA1 to BA4)
**Business (Pre-experience) at Reading**
Henley Business School is consistently ranked in the world's top 50 business schools by the Financial Times and The Economist, and we hold triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB), putting us among the world's leading business schools.
You'll learn from internationally renowned academic experts and thought leaders who have relevant academic and practical experience in international business, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resource management and accounting.
Our programmes have a research-led approach to business and management situations. Our engaging teaching approach will involve you in the analysis of business situations, giving you insight into the challenges and dilemmas facing organisations in local and international contexts.
We attract strong applicants from around the world, all wishing to develop business and personal capabilities within a world-renowned school, and you will go on to join Henley's impressive international alumni network.
Our staff bring research and practical know-how to help you develop a range of transferable business skills and technical knowledge, and to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations.
Sample modules may include:
* Financial reporting and regulation
* Securities, futures and options
* Fixed income and equity investments
* Introduction to quantitative methods for finance
* Accounting information systems
Check our website for more details of the course structure.
You will learn and be assessed through a wide variety of teaching methods which vary depending on your chosen Masters programme. These include online materials and multimedia content, guest lectures, individual and group assignments, case studies, field visits, dealing room simulations, presentations, applied projects, consultancy work and examinations.
On average examinations form around 70% of the assessed work with the remaining 30% coming from coursework, including a written dissertation or project depending on your chosen programme. The exam period falls between April and June in the summer term, with students taking an average of 5 or 6 exams. Graduation normally takes place in December.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 23,250 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 16,250 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability