Advanced Computer Science
* Join the next generation of data scientists high-ranking professionals in the world of big data
* Develop in-depth knowledge on the analysis of data, data-driven knowledge discovery and advanced computing for big data
* Part-time and flexible teaching modes available
* Strong career prospects as big data analytics is the next frontier for innovation, competition and productivity
**Computer Science at Reading**
Computer Science offers a challenging, flexible scheme of study that is invigorated by the research interests and expertise of our academics, and by our strong links with local high-tech industry.
Our excellent facilities include approximately 200 workstations with a virtual infrastructure for remote connection to a secure virtual private network, a Powerwall, a walk-in immersive virtual reality system and a big data computing cluster.
Reading is at the centre of the Thames Valley on the M4 corridor, which is a major high-technology hub. Our ideal location provides many links with local industry and global companies. As a result of this, we have a particularly lively programme of both pure and applied research in a diverse range of topics. These include data science, big data analytics, machine learning, computational science and computer vision. We also have excellent placement and graduate job opportunities.
Sample modules may include:
* Data analytics and mining
* Big data analytics
* Cloud computing
* Machine learning
* Visual intelligence
Check our website for more details of the course structure.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 17,800 (Whole course)||International||12 Months|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 7,180 (Whole course)||Home/EU||12 Months|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2018||GBP 17,800 (Whole course)||International||24 Months|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2018||GBP 7,180 (Whole course)||Home/EU||24 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability