Species Identification and Survey Skills
* This programme currently has a 100% employment rate in the ecology and ecological consultancy sectors
* The only UK programme to have over half of its credits overseen by consultants
* Designed in partnership with RSK Group to provide the skills and knowledge demanded by consultants
* Focuses on hands-on and field-based training with no written examinations
* Six-month placement opportunity (with bursary) with an ecological consultant
**Biological Sciences at Reading**
Learn from enthusiastic and friendly academics with a real passion for their subject. You will be able to draw on their experience, gained from years of teaching and research in both biomedical and evolutionary biology/ecology.
We emphasise cross-disciplinary and quantitative approaches to research. Our interests span the broad scope of modern biology, from individual molecules to global biodiversity and sustainability.
As a student in our School, you will benefit from access to our outstanding research and teaching facilities. These include the Cole Museum of Zoology and the Herbarium, which contain over 4,000 zoological specimens and around 300,000 plant specimens.
Additionally, we have a range of modern, well-equipped laboratories. These include automated DNA sequencers and real-time PCR machines for molecular work; a state-of-the-art imaging suite with confocal and super-resolution microscopes; dedicated microbiology laboratories for the study of bacteria and viruses; excellent computing facilities for computer-intensive work in phylogenetics, bioinformatics, protein structure, evolution and population biology; and controlled environment suites for the study of invertebrates and plants.
* Vegetation survey and assessment
* Vertebrate survey and assessment
* Invertebrate survey and assessment
* Professional skills
* Field trips
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 19,350 (Whole course)||International||12 Months|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 9,000 (Whole course)||Home/EU||12 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability