Social Business and Sustainable Marketing
This programme will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of national and international social business models and sustainable marketing functions. More specifically, it aims to achieve the following:
- Develop the effectiveness of the individual as a social business manager capable of operating in national and international environments, thus enhancing their attractiveness to a potential employer.
- Develop an integrated and critical understanding of the social business and sustainable marketing functions and their place in the development of effective organisational strategies in both commercial and non-commercial sectors.
- Develop critical awareness of the role of marketing in relation to social business, sustainability and marketing ethics.
- Develop participants’ ability to work on their own and with others, in systematically and creatively applying knowledge of theory and practice to resolving societal/sustainable marketing problems faced by organisations in commercial and non-commercial sectors.
Normally a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate International Management.
A wide range of professional qualifications are also accepted either in partial or complete fulfilment of entry requirements.
Where a student has gained a recognised Honours degree but does not meet the normal entry qualification requirement, they may still be considered for entry if they can demonstrate relevant work experience of a minimum two years duration post study and acceptable level of responsibility.
English Language Requirements
Normally IELTS 6.5 with no individual element below 5.5, or equivalent recognised Secure English Language Test, (SELT).
If the English language qualification is slightly below this level candidates may be able to take one of the many English courses available in the University. Please search for English in Course Finder.
- Social Business
- Marketing and Services Management
- Marketing International Business: Branding, Communications and Relationships
- Search and Social Media Marketing
- Business Innovation Project (BIP)
- Flexible final study options
For the final third of your studies you can choose from 4 differing pathways, all of which are designed to accommodate your career aspirations and enhance your professional practice:
- Dissertation – traditional 3 month research pathway.
- Live Project – 3 month group project activity researching a commercial project.
- Internship – 3 month opportunity to develop your skills working in partnership with an organisation.
- Placement – 6 month paid work experience implementing a commercial project.
Over the duration of your course a range of assessment techniques will be used. Types of assessment include; essays, assignments, case studies, exams, online tests, group reports and portfolio work.
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 8,500 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Part-time||£ 8,500 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 13,500 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Part-time||£ 13,500 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|PgDip||Full-time||£ 5,670 (Whole course)||1 Years|
|PgDip||Part-time||£ 5,670 (Whole course)||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability