The course develops students knowledge of key business functions and their relationship with the wider strategic and international environment. Students expand their knowledge and understanding of the current changes in the business environment through the study of leadership, organisational change and transformation, and strategic management.
The entry requirements for the DMS are:
- The applicant will have normally occupied a position of management responsibility for a minimum of two years within an organisation;
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised the applicant’s undergraduate studies and/or employer;
- If English is not the applicant’s first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or evidence of English proficiency equivalent to the above is required.
- Students may apply for accreditation of prior learning (APL) subject to the guidelines set out in the UWBS APL Handbook. APL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.
You will study three of the following modules subject to availablity and mode of study: Managing Human Resources; Operations Management; Marketing Management; Accounting and Financial Management; Leading Transformation and Change; Strategic Management.
Self-financing or, usually, employer funds.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip||Part-time day and evening||September 2017||GBP 3,334 (Year 1)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert||Part-time block-release||September 2017||GBP 3,334 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability