University of Wolverhampton
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Extended
This course enables entry onto the Masters in Business Administration if you did not gain a first or second class honours at degree level (or equivalent). It will add to your existing skills and knowledge providing you with enhanced understanding and abilities which will prepare you for Masters courses, whilst also providing English support if you need help in this area.
The MBA is an internationally recognised postgraduate general business qualification for managers who wish to expand and develop their skills and knowledge. This award will develop your knowledge of key business functions and their relationship with the wider strategic and international environment. You will also expand your knowledge and understanding of the current changes in the business environment through the study of strategic management, stakeholder management and corporate social responsibility.
The programme is designed so that full time students are able to complete the course in one academic year and part time in two years. By the end of the programme you will have enhanced your knowledge and understanding of Business and Management concepts and principles, theoretical frameworks and applied analysis through a range of learning experiences. You will also develop key skills in formulating and managing basic research, problem-solving and organising and managing projects.
The MBA is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Students who join this course will have the opportunity to obtain the CMI Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership.
The entry requirements for the MBA (Extended) are:
- occupied a position of management responsibility for a minimum of two years within an organisation.
- Any undergraduate degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised the applicant’s undergraduate studies and/or employer;
- Please check our minimum language entry requirements/before submitting your application;
- We offer a range programmes in English as a Foreign Language if you don't meet these requirements.
Students may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) subject to the guidelines set out in the RPL Handbook. RPL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.
For September 2017
- Masters Learning
- Marketing Management
- Managing Financial Performance
- Leadership and Human Resources in Organisations
- Independent Business Analysis Project (across both semesters)
- Sustainability and Business
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Project Management
The fees for this course have not yet been agreed. Please contact 01902 321150 for further information.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 11,599 (Academic year)||Home/EU||18 Months|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 14,710 (Academic year)||International||18 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability