Master of Business Administration (International Development)
The MBA (International Development) is a unique and ideal choice for anyone seeking to develop a career in managing business, leading programmes or projects in an international development context, or a combination of these two.
You will also expand your critical knowledge and strategic understanding of the current changes in both the business and geopolitical environment, and apply your learning to successfully lead resilient businesses with awareness of own impact locally and globally, and practical plan for effecting positive change through corporate social responsibility.
The programme is appropriately tailored to respond to the skills and knowledge needs of a range of learners, from practitioners in international development and business leaders from the corporate world, to those with limited work experience, or seeking to change professions. The diversity of the learning environment, with the majority of students coming from outside the UK, provides an ideal platform for engaging in stimulating discussions and innovative thinking on solutions to help business and international development agencies deliver global targets.
The delivery is flexible you have the option to study either full time or part-time learning over one and two years, respectively. By the end of the programme, you will have gained a critical understanding of the principles and concepts in business administration, and mastered key techniques and skills in designing and managing projects and programmes in any sector. The programme also emphasises development of generic business skills, including research, networking and effective communication.
The entry requirements for the MBA (ID) are:
- The applicant will have normally occupied a position of management responsibility for a minimum of two years within an organisation;
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised the applicant’s undergraduate studies and/or employer;
- Students may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) subject to the guidelines set out in the RPL Handbook. RPL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- Please check our minimum language entry requirements/ before submitting your application.
- We offer a range programmes in English as a Foreign Language if you don't meet these requirements.
Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.
Those on the International Development route (co-delivered by the Business School and the Centre for International Development and Training) will take the Contemporary Issues in International Development and the Project/Programme Management for International Development options, designed to expose students to the contemporary issues facing the developing world, and equip them with the practical skills to design, implement, monitor and evaluate international development projects and programmes, whether these be led by government, civil society, private sector or development aid (donor) institutions.
- Managing Financial Performance
- Leadership and Human Resource in Organisation
- Marketing Management
- Independent Business Analysis Project (across both semesters)
- Contemporary Issues in International Development
- Project and Programme Management for International Development
- Strategic Management
The fees for this course have not yet been agreed. Please contact 01902 321150 for further information.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 10,200 (Academic year)||Home/EU||12 Months|
|MBA||Part-time||£ 5,100 (Academic year)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 13,000 (Academic year)||International||12 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability