Home » IT and technology graduate careers advice
IT and technology graduate jobs, internships and expert careers advice.
All you need to get started on your graduate career in IT and technology
Whether you’re a computer science graduate seeking a software engineer or developer job, or a non IT graduate wondering if you can make a switch into the tech business, we can help you find an IT graduate job or internship. Read up on typical IT roles, the programming languages technology companies seek, IT conversion courses and graduate salaries. Discover how to write a graduate technical CV, what types of programming tests are used in online applications or assessment centres, and how to succeed at technical interviews. And search our database of graduate IT and computing jobs, placements and internships with IT companies, banks and consultants.
- Multimedia programmer: job description
- Network administrator: job description
- Applications programmer: job description
- Software engineer: job description
- Computer sales support: job description
- Systems analyst: job description
- Systems designer/builder: job description
- Systems developer: job description
- Systems programmer: job description
- Technical author: job description
- Database administrator: job description
- Web designer: job description
- Information scientist: job description
- Information systems manager: job description
- Information technology/software trainers: job description
- IT consultant: job description
- IT technical support officer: job description
Applications and CVs
- 'What do you know about the company?' How to research IT and technology employers
- Online applications for technology graduate schemes
- Tips for a good graduate technical CV
- Will my A level grades affect my chances of getting a graduate IT job?
- Got a 2.2 degree? IT graduate schemes you can still apply for
- 'Why do you want to work for us?' Application and interview answers IT companies want
- 'Why do you think you are suitable for this job?' Part 1: prepare and apply
Skills and competencies
- How to showcase your commercial awareness in IT applications and assessment centres
- Prove you've got the soft skills IT professionals need
- What programming languages and other technical skills do I need to get a graduate IT job?
- Graduate tips: two graduates talk about their technical interview experiences
- The seven pillars of graduate technical interviews
- 'Why do you think you are suitable for this job?' Part 2: at interview
- Assessment centres for IT jobs: the tasks you'll face and how to tackle them
- What types of technical tests do graduate IT employers use?
- Financial services IT: business sector
- Financial software development: business sector
- Games development: business sector
- Hardware development: business sector
- Industry/manufacturing IT: business sector
- Web development and e-commerce: business sector
- Investment banking technology: business sector
- IT outsourcing: business sector
- IT services: business sector
- Niche software houses and technology consultancy: business sector
- Professional services IT: business sector
- Public sector IT: business sector
- Retail IT: business sector
- Technology consulting: business sector
- Telecommunications IT: business sector
- Postgraduate conversion courses: your route into a graduate career in IT?
- All degrees welcome for graduate IT jobs
- Getting a graduate job in IT and technology: the basics
- How to find graduate IT jobs in SMEs
- Ten typical jobs graduates can do in IT
- What type of IT company and job is the best fit for me?
Salary and benefits
- TARGETjobs survey: female graduates in the IT industry
- Right mentor, right mindset: computer science personality Dr Black on what women need to succeed in their careers
- Curtail your caution: top tech women on how female graduates can climb the IT career ladder
Internships and work experience
Latest on TARGETjobs IT & Technology
- News: Who are the Undergraduates of the Year 2013?
- Internships and work experience: Which IT and technology employers offer summer internships or industrial placements?
- Women: Curtail your caution: top tech women on how female graduates can climb the IT career ladder
- News: Applying to Asda's IT or e-commerce graduate scheme? Show you know the Asda mum
- News: Unusual jobs for computer science graduates... map-making, anyone?
- News: Last call for Undergraduate of the Year!
- News: Tech company EMC to recruit graduates in UK for first time
- News: Why Microsoft likes engineering graduates
- Women: Right mentor, right mindset: computer science personality Dr Black on what women need to succeed in their careers
- News: Why graduates should apply to companies they have never heard of
Get a head start and get hired by top IT and technology employers
Researching employers and getting ready for applications? We've done the work for you and compiled top tips on how to get hired by some of the UK's leading graduate IT and technology employers! Get insights into top IT and technology firms and their applications, interviews and assessments:
See all IT and technology companies and more employer insights