Careers advice: fine tune your job hunting skills
Career clueless? Advice to get you up and running
Starting points if you haven't got a clue what to do after graduation or exploring your graduate career options:
- Career planning advice to get you up and running
- Browse the A to Z of careers
- Guides to what you can do with a range of degree subjects
- Skills and competencies Get to know what graduate recruiters look for
- Diversity and equality Careers information on diversity issues, including disability, race, gender, age and sexuality.
- Try the TARGETjobs Careers Report for job ideas that match your degree and suit you
- Sign up for our advice newsletters and vacancy alerts. These will give you a taste of what's out there for you
Essentials for graduate job hunters
The nuts and bolts of writing applications and graduate CVs, plus advice and coaching tips to help you perform confidently at graduate interviews, assessment centres and psychometric tests. Everything you need to stay cool and calm in the spotlight:
Applications and CVs
Write the best job applications, graduate CVs and covering letters.
Advice on graduate CVs and job applications
Get ready for graduate interviews: advice to boost your confidence.
Top tips for graduate interviews
From case studies and presentations, to group work and e-tray exercises: how to succeed at graduate assessments.
Assessment centre essentials
Practical tips for taking psychometric tests, and links to free online practice tests.
Advice on psychometric tests for graduates
Example graduate CVs and covering letters
Download graduate CV and covering letter templates. Find examples for different career areas and for speculative applications.
Download example graduate CVs
Accepting jobs and handling rejections
How to accept graduate job offers and what to do when things don't go so well.
Advice on accepting graduate job offers or handling rejections
Wondering where in the world to work?
City and region career guides
What's it like working in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle...? Information on living and working in different cities and regions around the UK.
Working in different regions and cities around the UK
What you need to know if you are considering finding work or internships in another country. Find information on language requirements, where to look for jobs, visas and country-specific application tips.
Guides to working abroad
Not sure what to do?
More help from TARGETjobs
- Work experience and internships advice
- In depth advice on 25 graduate career sectors and professions, including law, engineering, finance, consulting, retail, construction, marketing
- Guide to graduate schemes and graduate training
- Investigate employers and find tips to get hired
- Graduate job search
- Don't forget to sign up to TARGETjobs for newsletters, vacancy alerts - and more coming soon!