Home » Law graduate careers advice
Graduate law careers, training contracts, pupillages and expert advice.
Search for training contracts, pupillages, law graduate jobs, and work experience
- training contracts (solicitors)
- vacation schemes and law work experience (solicitors)
- pupillages (barristers)
- mini-pupillages (barristers)
Welcome to TARGETjobs Law, the best place to start if you are exploring graduate law careers.
We have specialist careers advice on training to become a solicitor or barrister. Click through below to get deeper information on which branch of the legal profession you want to follow. You’ll find timetables for action, advice on conversion courses and specialist training, information on how to make applications that stand out and, how to get into law if you don’t have a law degree. Read about working life as a trainee solicitor in a law firm or find out what it’s really like as a pupil barrister. When you are ready to apply, search for training contracts, pupillages, mini-pupillages, vacation schemes and legal work experience.
TARGETjobs Law: solicitors
- Training contracts advice: New in June: get direct applications advice from our law sector expert
- News: Places up for grabs at the tenth annual City law for ethnic minorities event
- Five minutes with...: Five minutes with… Rebecca McEwan, graduate recruitment officer at Taylor Wessing
- Five minutes with...: Five minutes with... Sam Lee, graduate recruitment manager at Bond Dickinson
- News: Who are the Undergraduates of the Year 2013?
All this and more in TARGETjobs Law: solicitors
TARGETjobs Law: barristers
- BPTC and legal training: The Bar course aptitude test (BCAT): what it is and how to prepare
- Five minutes with...: Five minutes with... Rachel Young, barrister and pupillage panel member at Ropewalk Chambers
- Five minutes with...: Five minutes with... Rosemary Budden, barrister and pupillage committee member at Queen Elizabeth Building (QEB)
- Five minutes with...: Five minutes with… Amy Rogers, barrister and pupillage panel member at 11KBW
- Applications and CVs: Pupillage application deadlines
All this and more in TARGETjobs Law: barristers
Five minutes with...
Five minutes with... Rachel Young, barrister and pupillage panel member at Ropewalk Chambers
Rachel Young, barrister and pupillage panel member at Ropewalk Chambers, gives her insider advice on how to tackle pupillage interviews and the experience you'll need to impress on an application.
- 1 of 18
Advice from those in the know
“Recently, some of the best interview questions have been about the impact of the recession, such as 'How are you dealing with the economic downturn? What effect has that had on your business?'”Five minutes with… Nichola Rowe, HR manager at Cleary Gottlieb
Get a head start and get hired by top law recruiters
Researching employers and getting ready for applications? We've done the work for you and compiled top tips on how to get hired by some of the UK's leading law recruiters! Get insights into top law graduate recruiters and their applications, interviews and assessments:
See all law firms and more employer insights