Job hunting tools and resources
Example graduate CVs and internship CVs
These general downloadable CV examples are designed to show you the basics of how to write your CV for internships and graduate jobs. They are based on an imaginary student applying for an internship in her penultimate year and a graduate job in her final year. The CVs are chronological but focus on skills and you can compare them to see how your CV should evolve while you are at university.
We’ve included an annotated version of the final year CV to show you the thinking behind the way it is structured and written. Look through the sector CVs below for more ideas on layout and phrasing and remember to tailor your CV for every internship and job application.
General student CV examples for internships and graduate jobs
- Download penultimate year CV template for internship applications
- Download final year CV template for graduate job applications
- Download annotated graduate CV example for more tips on CV writing
Sample graduate job and placement CVs by sector and profession
- Download graduate engineering CV with added tips
- Download legal CV for vacation placement application
- Download legal CV for vacation placement application with added tips
- Download masters graduate CV for finance
- Download final year graduate investment banking CV (one page)
Cover letters for graduate jobs, work experience and vacation placements
- Download outline of how to structure your covering letter
- Download example general covering letter. See how it works together with the final year CV template for graduate job applications
- Download covering letter for graduate finance jobs. See how it works together with the masters graduate CV for finance example
- Download covering letter for investment banking. See how it works together with the investment banking CV example
- Download covering letter for law vacation scheme. Take a look also at the version below that includes tips and advice
- Download covering letter for law vacation scheme with tips. This version includes tips on how to structure your cover letter
- Download annotated template engineering graduate cover letter. This includes tips and advice on structure and and how to sell your skills and work experience
Resources to help you research graduate employers
Be just like those clever candidates who know exactly how best to research an employer. Download our employer research checklist to structure your investigations and to boost your graduate applications and interviews. Now head to our Employer insights reports to get started on your research!
- EXTRA: Download the Employer insights app from Google Play Information to help you research top graduate employers and tips for their applications, interviews and assessments
Help with career planning and choosing a graduate career
Don't know what graduate jobs might suit you? The TARGETjobs Careers Report is a self-assessment and career planning tool that generates a list of job ideas well-matched to your degree background, skills and strengths.
Work experience tracker: never forget the skills and experience you gain!
This handy worksheet is structured to help you keep track of what you've learned during an internship or work experience placement... or even a part-time job. It's a good reference tool for identifying examples of skills you can talk about on your graduate applications and in interviews: work experience tracker
Graduate career publications
TARGETjobs GET Directory is just one of our very, very helpful graduate careers publications. Visit our careers product page to view and download e-zines of all our specialist graduate careers publications, including TARGETjobs City & Finance, TARGETjobs Engineering, TARGETjobs Management Consulting and TARGETjobs Work Experience.