Job hunting tools and resources
Example graduate CVs and internship CVs
Our general downloadable CV examples are designed to show you the basics of how to write your CV for internships and graduate jobs. They are based on an imaginary student applying for an internship in her penultimate year and a graduate job in her final year. The CVs are chronological but focus on skills and you can compare them to see how your CV should evolve while you are at university.
We’ve included an annotated version of the final year CV to show you the thinking behind the way it is structured and written. Look through the sector CVs below for more ideas on layout and phrasing and remember to tailor your CV for every internship and job application.
General student CV examples for internships and graduate jobs
- Download penultimate year CV template for internship applications
- Download final year CV template for graduate job applications
- Download annotated graduate CV example for more tips on CV writing
Sample graduate job and placement CVs by sector and profession
- Download graduate engineering CV with added tips
- Download legal CV for vacation placement application
- Download legal CV for vacation placement application with added tips
- Download masters graduate CV for finance
- Download final year graduate investment banking CV (one page)
Cover letters for graduate jobs, work experience and vacation placements
- Download outline of how to structure your covering letter
- Download example general covering letter. See how it works together with the final year CV template for graduate job applications
- Download covering letter for graduate finance jobs. See how it works together with the masters graduate CV for finance example
- Download covering letter for investment banking. See how it works together with the investment banking CV example
- Download covering letter for law vacation scheme. Take a look also at the version below that includes tips and advice
- Download covering letter for law vacation scheme with tips. This version includes tips on how to structure your cover letter
- Download annotated template engineering graduate cover letter. This includes tips and advice on structure and and how to sell your skills and work experience
Resources to help you research graduate employers
Be just like those clever candidates who know exactly how best to research an employer. Download our employer research checklist to structure your investigations and to boost your graduate applications and interviews.
Help with career planning and choosing a graduate career
Don't know what graduate jobs might suit you? The TARGETjobs Careers Report is a self-assessment and career planning tool that generates a list of job ideas well-matched to your degree background, skills and strengths.
Work experience tracker: never forget the skills and experience you gain!
This handy worksheet is structured to help you keep track of what you've learned during an internship or work experience placement... or even a part-time job. It's a good reference tool for identifying examples of skills you can talk about on your graduate applications and in interviews: work experience tracker.
Graduate career publications
Visit our careers product page to view and download e-zines of all our brilliant graduate careers publications, including TARGETjobs City & Finance, TARGETjobs Engineering, TARGETjobs Management Consulting and TARGETjobs Work Experience.
Newsletters from our specialist editors and vacancy alerts
Our careers editors write monthly 'How to get hired' newsletters on engineering, law, finance, consulting, IT, retail, property and construction careers. We also send out newsletters focused on specific employers and careers advice specific to the time of year to let you know what you should be doing at that point! Sign up to TARGETjobs to make sure you don't miss out on these newsletters or our regular job alerts. If you're a registered member of TARGETjobs, we've also got some new features coming up soon.