Our Teacher Training sets you on the path to becoming an excellent teacher. One who will inspire the next generation to succeed.
Here’s five reasons why you should join Ambition Institute’s 12-month Teacher Training programme:
- Train in one school. You’ll do most of your training in one school. This gives you immediate opportunities to put the theory you’ve learnt into practice in a classroom, supported by teaching experts.
- Get a placement to suit you. You’ll have the option to train where you studied or in the area where you grew up, our national network of partners can find you a school in a location that suits you.
- Be guided by a mentor. To make sure you are supported through your training, we match you with an experienced teacher who will guide you every step of the way.
- Benefit from blended learning. You’ll get the high-quality academic training you’d expect to get from a university combined with immersive, classroom learning.
- Become a qualified teacher. After successfully completing the programme, you’ll achieve qualified teacher status (QTS), and a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) enabling you to start your career in teaching straight away.
To be eligible, you will need:
- An undergraduate bachelor's degree with honours, generally 2:2 or above, or equivalent.
- A GCSE grade 4/C or above in English and maths, or equivalent.
- Primary school trainees will need a GCSE grade of 4/C or above in science, or equivalent.
- By the start of the training, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK full-time for the duration of the programme.
We will be offering ways to complete teacher training while also receiving a salary. There will be a limit on how many salaried places are available. Click the ‘Apply’ button where you will be taken to our partner tool which will allow you to read more about each of our school partners who will be delivering our teacher training, including those offering salaried places on the programme.
If you are not on a salaried teacher training course, you may be eligible to receive funding through a bursary or a scholarship, which you do not have to pay back. You can find more information about funding for teacher training courses for 2024 to 2025 by clicking on the ‘Funding’ section on our webpage.
Option of part-time training:
A part-time option is also available over two years, but not all our school partners offer this option. Again, please click the ‘Apply’ button to see which of our partners are providing this.
Do you want to be an inspiring teacher in the Midlands? Take your next step today and join us by clicking ‘Apply’. You will then be taken to our partner tool where you can select your preferred school partner in a location suited to you, then you can make a start on your application. Alternatively, you can follow the same ‘Apply’ link and just register your interest in our Teacher Training programme for now and we’ll be in touch with more details.