About Bank of America
Who we are
In February 2019, we were ranked as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by Fortune magazine and the global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work®. Bank of America also was recognized as the only financial services company on Fortune’s inaugural “Best Big Companies to Work For” list, which comprises seven companies with more than 100,000 U.S.-based employees.’ — Brian Moynihan
One of the world’s leading financial institutions, we have 66 million customers ranging from individuals to businesses to governments and we are committed to growing responsibly. We’ve been building meaningful connections in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for 90 years, and you’ll find our 200,000-strong workforce in more than 35 countries worldwide. But our success isn’t just about the figures, we want to continue to share our success with our communities, and ensure we are a great place to work for our teammates through driving operational excellence.
What we believe in
Every moment matters, for our clients and each other. We’re all individuals with our own potential and our own differences. We continually ask the question ‘what would you like the power to do?’ and together, we go the distance to deliver. Great teams are built on trust, shared ownership and accountability. And we take responsibility. Our actions affect people’s lives each day, so we make decisions based on shared success, good citizenship and building communities.
Our diversity and inclusive culture make us strong. They’re integral to our sustainability too. We have been recognized by Euromoney as the World’s Best Bank for D&I as well as having signed The Women in Finance Charter in 2017. Since then, we’ve taken more steps to make sure that there are more women at senior level by 2021.
We also believe in giving you the inspiration, tools and confidence to make the transition from school to the career you really want. If we’re to make financial lives better - and we had a record year doing that in 2018 - we need to make sure your life is what you want as well.
Whether you join us in Investment Banking or Technology, and you’re based in London, Chester, Dublin or another of our 19 EMEA locations, you’ll enjoy great training and benefits that are tailored around you. They cover health, finance, leisure, lifestyle and work/life balance, so you can choose what suits you best.
What we do
Our Global Banking & Markets division looks after mid- to large-sized companies, corporations and institutions. It’s made up of Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, Global Corporate & Investment Banking and Global Markets. As well as these client-facing groups, our teams also work in Global Capital Markets, Global Research, Global Transaction Services and Wholesale Credit.
What you could do
From apprenticeships to internships, industrial placements to full time roles, there’s something for you if you’re looking for a rewarding, fulfilling career all designed to give you as much insight as possible into what it’s really like to join our team.
- Insight programmes
- If you’re starting out on your degree, this is a chance for you to discover the ins and outs of banking, join in with tailored events and develop skills that will last. You’ll shadow and speak to people from all around the business, and you could even interview for a summer internship at the end of the one-week programme. The internship is very popular, and this works to fast-track your application.
- Summer internship
- Our internships last 10 weeks and attract students in their penultimate year at university who would like to start work full-time the following year. They’re a fast track to our full-time graduate programmes and most of our former interns choose to join us when they achieve their expected grades.
- It’s a great way to get a taste of what life in a particular area of the bank would be like, to meet and network with colleagues and to hone your skills through structured performance evaluations, training, development, and social and volunteering opportunities.
- In some locations, we offer fixed-term placements such as off-cycle internships or industrial placements at other times throughout the year. These are different durations according to business need. So, get in touch if you’d prefer a placement that isn’t over the summer.
- Analyst and associate programmes
- Our full-time analyst and associate programmes are perfect for you if you’re ready to start work after graduating from University. Their content and structure are different according to the part of the business you join, but they all include formal, ongoing training and development, performance evaluations, mentoring support and networking opportunities to supplement your on the job learning and experiences.
- What’s more, as we are a global business we’ll offer you training to give you a real insight into our business and provide you with the elements you need to build a successful career with us.
- To join us as an Analyst, you’ll probably be studying towards a bachelor or master’s degree. If you have an MBA, PhD or other advanced degree, our Associate programme would be right for you.
- As the very best graduate talent, you’ll have the chance to explore a part of our business that suits your abilities and ambitions best. Choose from Compliance, Corporate Audit, Corporate Treasury, Global Banking and Markets Wholesale Credit, Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets, Global Research, Global Transaction Services, Market Risk, Quantitative Management and Technology.
- Technology programme
- We’ve been investing in digital and mobile channels for years, and they’re growing incredibly fast.
- Our technology graduates design, develop and implement applications, systems and operational processes for clients and colleagues all over the world. From programming to data management, and innovation to information security, our cutting edge tools and resources are making sure we’re a market leader.
- To join this programme, you’ll need a tech-related degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or a similar subject. Then bring us your academic, professional and extracurricular skills partnered with integrity, teamwork and leadership ability to make the most of every opportunity that comes your way.
The recruitment process
- Apply online.
- Assessments for our internship and full-time programmes take place throughout the year
- The online process for most programmes has two stages. You’ll need to complete both of them before the deadline.
- Complete an online application form and upload your CV
- Complete the video interview online
- If you’re successful, we’ll invite you to an assessment centre where you’ll take part in some competency-based exercises.
- If you are applying for a full-time programme, the assessment may include an initial telephone interview.
When to apply by
We start assessing applications early, so give yourself an edge and apply well before the deadline if you can.
Here are those all-important opening and closing dates for applications:
- Summer Internship: August 28 to November 8
- Full-time: Aug 28 to Oct 22
- Spring Insight programme: October 31 to December 31