What do you Want?
The chance to help millions of people do more, feel better and live longer? The opportunity to launch a graduate career in a responsive, innovative, global business? An undergraduate placement that will give you the practical experience to complement your studies? A company that’s genuinely committed to your personal and professional growth? Whatever you want, GSK has the answers.
As one of the world’s leading healthcare companies with operations in over 115 countries, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes lifesaving prescription medicines, vaccines and popular consumer products such as Beechams, Sensodyne, Savlon and Panadol. Every year we screen millions of compounds and make billions of packs of medicines and consumer healthcare products. The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the worlds biggest questions – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, transparent business to meet them.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
What Graduate Programmes are Available?
Become a Future Leader at GSK and help change the face of healthcare.
Our tailored Future Leaders Programmes offer our graduates the opportunity to grow the capabilities to become a future leader in our expanding global business through structured development and stretching rotations. You will join one of our functions – you pick which one best suits your skills and aspirations – and have multiple rotations within that function. In this time, you will learn quickly and deepen your expertise in your chosen area allowing you significantly contribute to your functions strategy and future business growth. You will be stretched to forge new relationships, actively seek out new experiences and be responsible for driving your own development. GSK will be with you every step of the way, helping you build the skills that will allow you to reach your potential.
Most of all, GSK graduates enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
Our programmes are as follows:
- Engineering underpins practically everything we do and ensures the smooth and rapid transition of newly developed products into full-scale manufacture across our entire portfolio.
- Our Commercial Management programmes are all about developing graduates commercial awareness across sales and marketing to help contribute to our strategy and business goals.
- Procurement graduates will gain a thorough grounding in procurement, including managing projects, negotiating with suppliers, data analysis and market research.
- Finance will give you a solid grounding in financial management and help you to attain CIMA qualification.
- In HR we’re looking for customer driven graduates with a passion for people and their development, along with business understanding.
- Our Communications graduate programme will give you experience across internal, external, global and local communications practices.
- Our Business and Technology Consulting programme gives a broad understanding into the essential role that technology has to play in our global strategy and aims to turn highly talented graduates into future business leaders.
- Science is all about bringing ideas to life using a variety of processes and the latest technology.
- Regulatory Affairs is a truly multi-disciplinary workplace with scientists and physicians from all kinds of backgrounds. Graduates will learn about drug development and registration across a number of therapy areas.
- Our Management programme is designed to give graduates experience in working in up to 4 different business areas across GSK without specialising until they finish the programme.
What Placements are on Offer?
For undergraduates in the UK, we offer both industrial placements and summer placements. Industrial placements last 12 months and to apply your placement must be recognised and supported by your university. Our summer placements last between 8 and 12 weeks and are usually undertaken in the summer before your last year of university.
With training packages designed to meet your individual needs, you’ll be able to build on the skills you’ve gained at university by applying them in a practical environment. Placements cover Manufacturing (Engineering and Science), IT, Supply Chain, Procurement, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Communications, HR and Finance.
We also offer summer placements in Marketing, Procurement, Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Engineering. These typically last 8 to 12 weeks and are aimed at students who have the skills and experience to add value to our company, as well as the potential to build a long-term career with us.
Whatever degree you’re studying, you’ll need to be a high energy, well-organised, proactive student, able to establish good working relationships along with the ability to think flexibly.
What’s in it for Me?
We are deeply committed to personal and professional development – offering a range of ongoing and tailored learning opportunities. We give our people the trust and respect to be themselves, and the chance to develop their careers across an incredibly diverse collection of businesses and geographies. You’ll flourish in an environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. But most of all, you’ll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
Please visit our website here to find out more about our up to date programmes and placements, including our requirements and start dates, and how to apply.