UK Power Networks
Did you boil a kettle to make a coffee this morning? Or charge your phone? Or turn on the lights while you brushed your teeth? Have you jumped on the Tube recently or jetted off from one of the major airports in the South East? All of these events could not have occurred without UK Power Networks.
UK Power Networks distributes more than a quarter of the UK’s electricity through its networks of substations, underground cables and overhead lines making sure the lights stay on across London, the South East and the East of England, regardless of who customers pay their energy bills to. We maintain and upgrade power equipment and move and connect new electricity cables. we are the right people to speak to: If there’s a power cut in your area, if you need a new power supply or need to make changes to your existing supply, or if you need any maintenance carried out near or on overhead power lines, for example cutting trees back from power lines or covering overhead cables to protect them.
With over 6 thousand employees UK Power Networks understands the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are firmly committed to creating a culture which effectively incorporates differences without eliminating them, and in which people flourish individually and unite as a high performing team.
We believe promoting diversity and inclusiveness in all areas of work, will help us to learn and profit from diverse cultures and perspectives, making our organisation stronger and more effective in meeting the needs of all our customers, workforce and regulators. We are continuously working to develop and maintaining an environment in which differing ideas, abilities, backgrounds and needs are valued, and where those with diverse backgrounds and experiences are welcomed and fully able to participate and contribute.
It is our mission to embrace diversity and inclusiveness and actively eliminate discrimination in all of its forms.
Here are a few examples of some of the roles we have on offer in 2018
- Quantity Surveyor
- Operational Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Infrastructure Planning Engineer
- Commissioning Engineer
Application will open November 2017 and will close March/April 2018
How to apply
- Application - Fill out an application form online at http://www.ukpowernetworkscareers.co.uk/ - be sure you attach your CV and Covering Letter.
- Testing - Undertake online aptitude assessments and a video interview online.
- Assessment Centre – candidates will be invited to one of our offices to complete tasks which will allows us to your suitability for the role you are being considered for. You will also have a face-to-face interview on the same day.
- Once we have collated all candidate scores you will be informed of your outcome with the next few weeks.