AECOM graduates make a real difference to both the built and natural environment.
We are a leader in all of the key markets that we serve, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. Delivering clean water and energy. Designing sustainable buildings. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We work across markets and geographies to solve our clients’ most complex, demanding challenges. Our integrated approach connects global expertise with local perspective, bringing together the right disciplines and resources to deliver innovative solutions that do more for clients and communities.
We are looking for graduates and placement students from a wide range of disciplines, including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, building services, fire and sustainable buildings engineering, as well as quantity & building surveying, project management, transport planning, urban/town/master planning, architecture, landscape architecture, acoustics, and water, power and environment related disciplines including remediation, EIA, ecology, air quality, and GIS.
We invest heavily in our graduate development programme (GDP) as it is designed to help train the future leaders, both people and technical, of our business. We currently have over 700 graduates across numerous disciplines developing their technical & soft skills, and working towards their professional accreditation. You will learn from some of the most talented and renowned experts in their field, while bringing a fresh approach and further diversifying our workforce. Below we have listed the key components of our GDP.
Culture and Values
Our values are our guiding principles.They are the essence of who we are how we work and what we believe in. They support our vision, help shape our culture and reflect what we stand for.
- Safeguard: We operate ethically and with integrity, while prioritizing safety and security in all that we do.
- Innovate: We think without limits and embrace new ideas, shaping digital solutions to help clients address current and future challenges.
- Collaborate: We connect unrivaled expertise from around the world to anticipate and solve our clients’ most pressing challenges.
- Deliver: We grow our business through relentless client focus, operational excellence and exceptional project execution.
- Sustain: We take action to make a positive impact on the planet, enrich the communities we touch and build legacies for future generations.
- Thrive: We build diverse teams, create an inclusive workplace andprovide opportunities where each one of our people can reach their full potential.
- Online Application: Opportunity to select the team(s) you are interested in (up to three), offices, education, and work experience, and to really demonstrate your passion and suitability for the teams you have selected.
- Online Situational Judgement Test: 11 scenario based questions where you will need to select the least and most appropriate actions. Bespoke to AECOM, developed by psychologists, and tested & validated using our graduate population. The test is not timed and will take around 20-25 minutes.
- Final Stage Interview/ Assessment: This varies across end-markets. Can be an interview / assessment, or full assessment day. Details will be provided at the time.
- Offer Decisions: Decisions will usually be made within 3-5 working days, but can at times take longer where we have a number of strong candidates for a single position (in these situations we will consider those not offered for any other relevant roles).
Equality and Diversity
When we feel free to be ourselves, we thrive. Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion enables us to better anticipate our clients’ needs, understand the challenges facing the communities we serve, drive innovation that propels our industry forward and realize our purpose of delivering a better world. To empower those in our industry to thrive, we’re focused on four key areas to drive greater equity, diversity and inclusion within AECOM and beyond.
Building Diverse Talent
To tackle the world’s most complex challenges, we attract, hire, and develop talented people of all backgrounds, and ensure inclusivity and fairness in our sourcing, interview and hiring processes. Through our partnerships with nonprofit organizations and universities, we offer robust internships, graduate development programs and volunteer opportunities that help give underserved populations access to STEAM education.
To help every employee feel valued and included, we’re creating an inclusive workplace through community-building, training and family-friendly benefit policies. We conduct regular employee surveys and “real talk” discussions to understand our employees’ experiences and provide a forum for deeper understanding and empathy. Our employee resource groups create a sense of belonging and lead community outreach, and strategic mentorships promote ongoing dialogue and heightened awareness.
Our Blueprint for a Better World platform reflects our responsibility to champion equity, diversity and inclusion in our communities through pro-bono work, volunteerism, philanthropy and strategic partnerships with global nonprofit organizations like Engineers Without Borders and Water for People. We deepen our engagement with communities through our commitment to supplier diversity, providing leadership to ensure that diverse-owned businesses are supported and successful.
Thinking Without Limits
Fostering equity, diversity and inclusion can’t be done in a silo. By cultivating a workforce that more closely represents our clients and the communities we serve, we are able to better anticipate and respond to their needs. Further, we prioritize the social impact and benefits of equity, diversity and inclusion, factoring in these considerations into every project we pursue and the innovative solutions we deliver.
More from AECOM
- Property, Construction & QS
- Sales & Lettings
- Property Consultant
- Property Asset Management
- Building Services