The Analytics and Sales program is a unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive understanding of our Bloomberg products and clients in the wider context of the financial markets. Following our comprehensive training program, you will apply your knowledge by assisting our clients in the Analytics department.
In our Analytics business, you will provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our Helpdesk using the 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximize the value of Bloomberg's products. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader use our functionality to discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating, and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively working closely to upskill them through technology and delivering on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Sales to deliver strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
As you deepen your knowledge, you will have the opportunity to enter our sales department. In Sales, we are the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Consultative and entrepreneurial, we manage client relationships, whilst striving to continually grow our revenue by identifying new business opportunities. We spend our time with our clients, understanding their business goals and outpacing their expectations. Guided by curiosity and purpose, we work to understand their workflows and present them with the most appropriate solutions across our range of enterprise offerings.
What’s in it for you?
You will start by completing our comprehensive Analytics & Sales training program, covering all aspects of the financial markets: industry principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools Bloomberg has to offer!
You will join one of our Analytics teams, delivering exceptional customer support to our clients by providing fast and accurate solutions to their queries, while continuing to develop your knowledge through asset class and workflow specialist training.
There are multiple opportunities to further your career across the department or the company, with most Analytics representatives progressing towards opportunities in Sales. You may also go onto develop into a specialized support role in our Advanced Team and possibly in time take on a leadership role.
Who you are?
You understand the drivers behind market moving stories and events. You are a solution-finder, with a real passion for providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. With a desire to build a career in a client-facing role, you understand the importance of credibility and building relationships!
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) or relevant work experience
- Ability to multitask and resolve client inquiries while also proactively identifying sustainable workflow solutions for our clients
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in the financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- The desire to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic training and client facing environment
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and agility in a fast-paced environment
- Ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to start full time in 2024
- The ability to occasionally work weekends or on a bank/public/federal holiday (weekday off in lieu)
We’d love to see:
- Previous experience engaging with clients in a relationship management capacity
- Interest in innovative and emerging technologies or an interest in how technology can enhance workflows and efficiencies
- Beginner to intermediate experience with excel and/or VBA