- You will work both on site and in the office depending on the stage of a construction project working with a Building Services team.
- Helping manage a range of Electrical Systems packages such as , Fire Alarms, Power, Building controls and automation, IT systems, and Generators
- Helping manage a range of Mechanical Systems for example, Ventilation, Airconditioning, Heating and Cooling systems, Domestic water services, Drainage and Sprinklers
- Over the course of the programme, you will be given more and more responsibilities eventually having responsibility for individuals sections or packages
- Working alongside a Technical Services Manager to develop the knowledge and experience of the processes associated with the preconstruction (Design / Planning / Procurement), construction and commissioning to final handover to the customer/client.
The Graduate Programme
Our two-year programme will consist of rotations covering areas such as pre-construction, winning work, planning, design, technical building services, construction management and commercial management to provide a better understanding of how the business operate together.
- You'll take on real responsibility, working on live projects, learning from our experts and putting your skills to the test on key tasks.
- These rotations will help you to build a wider understanding of the construction industry as well as how your preferred specialism fits into the bigger picture of what we do here.
- There will be an opportunity to have exposure into additional areas like Health & Safety and sustainability – we want the programme to match your interests, so you have a fantastic foundation from which to build your career moving forward.
- Throughout the programme, you'll have support from a supervisor and a taught programme of learning – both of which will help you on your journey towards chartership.
- From the outset, you'll be encouraged to share your ideas and to challenge the norm – if you think there's a better way of doing things, we'll be all ears.
- In year two of the programme you will also be eligible to start your chartership if this is something you wish to pursue.
Candidate Profile and entry criteria
You will have a minimum 2:2 degree and a passion for the Construction Industry in particular the Mechanical and Electrical side of a project with scope to learn and grow throughout the duration of the two-year programme, recognising that this time is used to make you an expert in your field to flourish and progress your career further once promoted off the scheme.
- Attention to detail
- Enjoys solving technical problems
- Good communication skills
- Good Maths and English
- Logical thinker
- Team player
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to be self-starting and independent as well as self-motivated
- Ability to travel when required
Our workplace strategy ‘Work for You’ includes flexible working practices such as hybrid working where employees can split their working time between work and home. We also recognise that some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please discuss this with your recruiter, during the hiring process.
ISG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
London, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Manchester , Reading