£25,000 - £30,000
Worked in care or teaching previously? Experienced working with individuals with disabilities? Interested in autism and passionate about making a difference? Whatever your background, join JigsawPlus to build a career and make life changing differences.
£25,000 per annum (£12.82 per hour) and a £500 bonus upon joining
Contract terms: Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Part time working is also available - 3 or 4 full days per week
Annual leave: 23 days plus bank holidays
We are looking for patient and caring individuals to join our team at JigsawPlus, adult day centre, as a Learning Support Worker. You will be working individually and within small groups with autistic learners aged 18 and over, supporting their development of knowledge and skills that will enhance their wellbeing, independence and social inclusion, making significant differences to their lives. At JigsawPlus, we use behaviour driven teaching strategies and interventions to encourage positive outcomes and development of our learners. You will work in our Centre for Lifelong Learning as well as accompanying our adult learners in the community, putting their learning to practice.
What does a Learning Support Worker at JigsawPlus do?
- Provide support, care and teaching to autistic adult learners’
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities supporting the development of knowledge and skills
- Provide behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life
- Provide personal care, encouraging and enabling adult learners to maintain acceptable levels of hygiene, including toileting, dressing and washing
- Support adult learners’ participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community, applying theory-based learning to practice
- Support adult learners to access work experience and employment opportunities
- Track adult learners progress, ensuring support, care and teaching is appropriate and effective
Why choose JigsawPlus?
- Competitive pay and a £500 bonus upon starting
- Sociable hours (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm) with no evening, weekend or sleep ins required
- Part time working available (3 or 4 full days per week)
- 23 days holiday (3 more than standard) plus bank holidays
- Lots of career advancement opportunities and regular salary progression within a short space of time
- Extensive training including first aid, safeguarding, emergency medication and much more
- Opportunities to gain funded and recognised qualifications including Care Certificate and NVQ L3 in adult social care
- Opportunities to gain further work independently with our learners outside of your standard working day
- Supportive colleagues and management
What do you need?
- Driving licence or access to a lift (due to remote location)
- Professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with adults or young people with disabilities
- Comfortable working with adults who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required
- Ability to keep calm in high pressure situations
We also welcome applications from those with no sectoral experience but have a keen interest in learning disabilities and a strong passion for helping others.
Jigsaw Trust is a registered charity inspired by autism in its desire to provide the very best in ongoing education, vocational and wellbeing services for autistic people; it is also committed to raising awareness of autism and promoting the understanding and acceptance of autistic people.
Jigsaw Trust incorporates: Jigsaw CABAS School , rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, educating children aged 4-19 years, and JigsawPlus a specialist day service delivering key living and life skills learning for adults from the age of 18+. The Trust also operates 2 social enterprises: Café on the Park providing work experience and volunteering opportunities in a public-facing setting, and Jigsaw GARDENworks enabling learners of all ages to embark on a range of gardening and related outdoor activities
£25,000 - £30,000