We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm.
We have an immediate graduate opportunity for a Quantity Surveying graduate (0 to 2 years' experience) to join our project cost management team, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in Ireland and around the world.
The role is for AECOM’s Dublin office location, however there may be the potential for an alternative Ireland office location for the right candidate.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
- Commercial – new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
- Mission Critical – new build and upgrade of data centres, and new build substations
- Healthcare – new build and refurbishment of private and public facilities
- Education establishments including schools and universities
- Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
- Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects.
Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield. You will also have chance to be involved in all stages of a project; from initial project definition and brief, cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use.
You will have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high-profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
AECOM have a strong MEP Quantity Surveying team who you will be required to support, providing you with the ideal opportunity to broaden your knowledge on all aspects of a construction project.
The Cost Management role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. The role is generally split in to pre and post contract duties, which can include:
- Cost modelling and cost planning
- Value and Risk Analysis
- Life Cycle costing
- Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
- Compilation of contract documentation
- Attendance at site progress meetings
- Completion of Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Due Diligence reporting
- Review and management of change control procedures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying (preferably RICS accredited)
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- Willing and able to work towards professional qualification with SCSI/RICS
- Demonstrable interest in Cost Management
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.Structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
- A genuine interest in MEP building services systems would be an advantage.