£30,000 - £40,000+
Manx Care Nurse Talent Pool
We are looking for band 5 and 6 Registered Nurses to join Manx Care!
You will play a vital role in the Islands community providing high quality care to patients within Hospital or community settings.
Within Manx Care we have many opportunities for Registered Nurses across all of our Departments, by applying to our talent pool you will be be proactively matched to our vacancies that best fit your skillset and experience.
You will be the first to hear about new vacancies the second they are created, giving you a fast-track route to joining our amazing team.
Please read the candidate information pack to find out more about the Talent Pool and Nursing Careers within Manx Care.
To work as a nurse on the Isle of Man you will need to be registered with the UK’s Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Unfortunately if you are not registered we will not be able to accept your application to the Talent Pool.
A workplace that invests in you
We offer competitive salaries which tend to be higher than UK salaries with annual pay increases for many roles. We offer shift allowances of:
- Time + 30% for work after 8pm
- Time + 60% for work on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days and 10 public holidays.
- Subject to meeting eligibility criteria, the IOM Public Service offers two pension arrangements; the Isle of Man Government Unified Scheme 2011 or the Isle of Man Government Defined Contribution (DC) Arrangement.
- Step away from NHS pressures and demands! The Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS.
- Access to the staff canteen at Noble’s Hospital where you can purchase affordable food and drinks in your breaks.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Our on-site education and training centre, Keyll Darree, comprises a lecture theatre, well stocked medical library, training facilities and a state of the art simulation lab which is operated by trained simulation practitioners.
- Take advantage of the excellent opportunities we provide for your professional development, including the many courses we fund including those up to Masters Level.
- Ability to take an unpaid career break after 3 years’ service.
- Access to the Isle of Man Public Service Cycle to Work scheme after your first year of employment.
- Access to the Learning, Education and Development training facility, which is exclusively for Public Service employees, to keep on top of your continuous professional development.
- Free access to the Isle of Man Government Staff Welfare Service which offers professional counselling, emotional support and sign-posting on a wide range of issues.
- A relocation package of up to £7,000 based on receipts is available for this role. Housing Assistance is also available where the Department will pay the difference between your current mortgage/rent bill, and that of your new accommodation on the Isle of Man, up to a maximum of £250 per month.
Manx Care Award
If you’re a newly-qualified Nurse, did you know that Manx Care were shortlisted for a prestigious Nursing Times Workforce Award in the ‘Preceptorship Programme of the Year’ category?
This was for the Preceptorship programme it has established to support its newly-qualified Registered Nurses and Midwives throughout their first year of work.
Making the Isle of Man your new home
A hidden gem in the Irish Sea, the Isle of Man boasts an extensive coastline, stunning natural landscapes and unspoilt beaches. There are an abundance of opportunities and lots of places to discover!
You can visit our great cafes, bars and restaurants, and become part of the Island’s close-knit community. The island is well connected to the UK with quick, direct flights and ferries to many destinations.
Want to find out more about Island life? Visit our website to find out why you should make your move to the Isle of Man!
Working for the Isle of Man Public Service
We are the largest employer on the island delivering a diverse range of services to the people of the Isle of Man. We care, nurture and value our employees’ wellbeing, development and career and place great importance on rewarding the commitment by our wonderful employees.
We support and promote adaptable working, recognising the importance of working around your life and commitments and the benefits in improving work-life balance. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements where possible and if interested you should discuss this with the Recruiting Manager.
The Isle of Man Public Service is committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates equality, diversity and inclusion. We understand how a wide range of views and experiences can benefit us as we work together for the Isle of Man.
Your candidate experience is important to us. As a proud member of The Circle Back Initiative, we commit to respond to every applicant that applies for an Isle of Man Public Service role.
Things to note
An enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which the Isle of Man Government will cover the cost of for you.
Ready to apply?
For more information please see the attached candidate information pack, alternatively please contact the Talent Acquisition Team.
We want you to get the best out of your application, so we recommend reading our Important Guidance Notes for Applicants before applying to learn about our recruitment process.
Applications will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified. If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team.
- Salary: Band 5 - £33,040 to £41, 490 Band 6 - £37,005 to £49,419 per annum
- Closing Date: 01/06/2024
- Department: Manx Care
- Location: Various locations across the Isle of Man
- Hours Per Week: 37.5
£30,000 - £40,000+
Isle of Man