£23,000 - £24,000
Jigsaw School has a rare opportunity for Psychology Graduates looking to kick start their careers in Behaviour Based Teaching and SEN Education
✓ Do you have a Bachelors background in Psychology and a keen interest in behaviour-based teaching techniques?
✓ Are you inspired by educating others and have a passion for SEN education?
✓ Are you keen to start achieving the Industry training you need to advance your career?
✓ Does working in a friendly, caring and supportive environment appeal to you?
If so, this role at Jigsaw School could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Jigsaw School is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school for autistic children. At Jigsaw ‘everything we do is behaviour’ – Our Graduate programme includes training in strategies and interventions that encourage positive outcomes and development of our pupils. Working one to one with pupils within small classes and in groups, you will design, plan and deliver teaching sessions to encourage pupils learning and progression as well as improve their social and emotional development. Our Graduates will receive support and regular supervision from some of the UK’s leading and internationally recognised Behaviour Analytic experts whilst also making a real difference to the lives of autistic children.
What would I be doing?
• Supporting pupils to work through their individualised curriculums by planning, preparing and delivering lessons and activities that focus on our pupil’s communication and life skills
• Monitoring and recording pupils progress, to ensure teaching is appropriate and promotes each child’s personal development
• Contributing to research studies and undertaking training to support your own personal development
• Providing behaviourally based support to replace and reduce behaviours that impact the quality of life for pupils
• Supporting pupils to participate in trips, applying theory-based learning to practice
• Assisting and encouraging pupils during playground, break and meal times
• Providing personal care and encouraging pupils to maintain good levels of hygiene
Why choose Jigsaw school?
• A market leading salary of £23,000 per annum plus £1,000 joining bonus
• 9 weeks paid holidays, sociable hours and term time only working - Don’t give up the school holidays just yet!
• Transport from central Guildford to the school and back
• Regular opportunities for pay progression - Within as little as just 6 months from joining!
• Career advancement opportunities to senior roles such as Lead Teacher and Class Supervisor
• The chance to work alongside multidisciplinary teams of behaviour analysts, teachers, SLT’s and occupational therapists
• Benefits such as our pension scheme, staff wellbeing and support facilities, free parking and our fantastic employee discount platform
What’s in it for Graduates?
• A fully funded training pathway worth over £13,000 to help build a career in Educational Psychology
• Behaviour analysis specific qualifications including Teaching Accreditations, Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT), Board Certified Behaviour Analysis certification (BCBA) and UK Society for Behaviour Analysis certification (UKBA(cert))
• A Masters in High Incidence & Disabilities
• Access to a wide range of Education & Childcare courses including RQF CACHE Level 2, 3 & 4 in Early Years, Learning Difficulties and Teaching & Learning
• In situ teacher training and observations in the classroom
• Industry Training such as PROACT-SCIPr-UK Certification, Safeguarding, Emergency Medication, Behaviour Management, Personal Care, Autism, first aid, epilepsy and much more to build your CV
What do I need to apply?
• A psychology degree (or in final year pending completion) or professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with children and disabilities
• The desire to work with children with complex needs
• The ability to keep calm in high pressure situations
• Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required
Please note: This role is also known as ‘SEN Teaching Assistant’ or ‘Trainee CABAS Teacher’
£23,000 - £24,000