Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies
for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a graduate you will be involved in:
- Developing coastal management studies, including SMP's, strategies, and StAR/OBC using current Defra and EA FCERM guidance.
- Coastal hydrodynamic and flood modelling using the MIKE software suite
- Overtopping assessments using the Eurotop manual
- Inspection, feasibility studies and detailed design relating to coast protection and sea defence structures e.g. revetments, rock armour, breakwaters, and embankments.
- Design of maritime structures e.g. quay walls, jetties, flood walls, pontoons, mooring dolphins, piers, berthing structures, steel sheet piling, lock and dock gates.
- Economic appraisal and five case model business case development
- Wider benefit assessment, carbon, sustainability assessment in the coastal environment
- Coastal and marine input to EIAs
- BEng in Civil, Structural, or Coastal Engineering with a 2:1 (or equivalent) or above
- MEng in Civil, Structural, or Coastal Engineering would be an advantage
- A final year project related to Port, Marine or Coastal Engineering would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)
- Familiarity with the coast protection manual would be an advantage
- Appreciation of ship simulation and port planning would be an advantage
- An understanding of the technical aspects of coastal process behaviour would be an advantage
Coding / Modelling / GIS / Matlab skills would be an advantage
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
We’ll provide you with all the tools and support you need to work towards your professional development ambitions. We’ll push you to achieve the highest standards. You will be assigned a line manager to support and guide your development. There’ll be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Basingstoke and Manchester