About United Utilities
United Utilities provides water and sewage services to seven million people across the North West of England. It's a big job and a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly for our customers. From operating our pipes and improving water quality, to embracing new technologies and safeguarding the local environment – whether you're in our head office or out on site, there's always plenty going on.
Across our graduate programme you will receive excellent training that will develop your career. All of our graduate programmes have been tailor made to provide you with the business knowledge and technical training you require to become a future leader of our business. As a graduate you’ll be joining a community of likeminded people here at United Utilities with excellent benefits and access to a real diverse mix of employee networks.
You’ll play a crucial role in helping life flow smoothly for our seven million customers across the North West. It’s a big job with a lot of work going on so whether you’re based in our head office or out on site, there’ll always be variety in your work.
Whatever area of our business your interests lie in, our graduate programme will give you first-class training and support, together with an in-depth understanding of your chosen business area – so that you can develop the skills you need to progress your career as you make a real contribution to some of our live projects.
Like we say, it’s more than a job. Be part of the flow of life.
We rely on every employee to ensure our customers receive the best service, day in, day out. In return, we ensure that you're well rewarded for your efforts, from an excellent starting salary and welcome bonus through to development opportunities that will really kick start your career.
We work hard to create a real community feel for our graduates so you can learn from each other, socialise and take on challenges together. And there's support from senior level managers to help you achieve your potential.
You'll be joining a work environment with a huge range of sites across the North West, from the magnificent lakes of Cumbria to the city life of Manchester and Liverpool and roles as diverse as our locations.
We’ve got opportunities across the North West, so whether you fancy a taste of city life or the rolling hills of Cumbria, there’s bound to be something that’s right up your street.
This year, we have opportunities available in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Future Leaders
- Water Resources
Our people are really important to us which is why we offer an excellent package of pay and benefits to all of our employees.
As a graduate, you will receive a fantastic range of benefits. How does all of this sound?
- A starting salary of £28,500 plus a £2,000 welcome bonus
- An annual bonus scheme linked to the company’s performance and your own contribution, where you could earn a bonus of up to 7.5% of your salary
- A massive 26 days of annual leave every year, which will increase to a maximum of 30 days after four years’ service, PLUS bank holidays. You can also buy additional holidays or sell some of your holiday entitlement back if that suits you
- An award-winning Company pension scheme with a generous contribution from the company every month, alongside ill-health and life cover benefits
- A fantastic healthcare scheme, helping with things like the everyday costs of trips to the dentist or optician, as well as providing you with access to medical specialists and even private treatment if you need it
- Eligibility to join our employee share plan, enabling you to become a shareholder in the Company
- All sorts of other benefits to suit your lifestyle, including discounted gym memberships, vehicle breakdown cover and our Cycle to Work scheme
- A massive selection of deals and discounts for your favourite online and high street stores, all intended to save you money every day
You might enter our scheme as a graduate, but one thing's for sure, before long you'll be heading into your next role as a technical, operational or people leader.
We have the dedicated training and support to help you develop and reach your potential.
From technical and specialist training, to mentoring and coaching – we have lots on offer to help you become the best leader you can be.
More from United Utilities