Leeds Faculty of Social Sciences | course provider profile
About Leeds Faculty of Social Sciences
We offer a number of Masters courses, many of which are offered part-time, allowing you to study alongside your work. Our Masters programmes are flexible with plenty of optional modules to choose from. As a postgraduate student you will benefit from having a personal tutor who will be there to guide and support you throughout your studies.
School of Law:
- LLM Criminal Justice and Criminal Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law
- LLM International Trade Law
- LLB Law (Graduate programme) – conversion course
- LLM Law and Social Justice
- MSc Criminal Justice and Criminology
- LLM International Banking and Finance Law
- LLM International Corporate Law
- LLM International Law
- MSc Law and Finance
- MSc Security, Conflict and Justice
School of Education:
- MA Childhood Studies
- MA Education
- MA International Education Leadership and Policy
- MA Digital Education (Online)
- MA Leadership and Digital Education
- MA Special Educational Needs
- PGCert Provision for Children with Developmental Disorders
- MA Deaf Education (Teacher of the Deaf)
- PGDip Deaf Education (Teacher of the Deaf)
- MA TESOL Studies
- MA TESOL
- MEd TESOL
- MA TESOL (China)
- MA TESOL for Young Learners
- MA TESOL and ICT
- MA TESOL (Teacher Education)
School of Politics and International Studies:
- MA Global Development
- MA Global Development and Africa
- MA Global Development and Education
- MA Global Development and Gender
- MA Global Development and International Political Economy
- MA International Relations
- MA International Relations and Politics of the Middle East
- MSc Political Science
- MA Conflict, Development and Security
- MA Security, Terrorism and Insurgency
School of Sociology and Social Policy
- MA Disability Studies
- MSc Inequalities and Social Science
- MA Social and Public Policy
- MA Social Research
- MA Gender Studies
- MPA Public Administration
- MA Social and Political Thought
- MA Society, Culture and Media
As a research-intensive institution, our research informs all of our teaching, meaning your studies will be informed by the latest research in the field.
Our research is conducted on a local, national and international level, with many projects collaborating with institutions overseas, and impacting policy and practice globally. Three of our Schools are in the UK top 5 for research impact in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF, 2014).
Discover more about our research within each of our Schools:
- School of Law
- School of Education
- School of Politics and International Studies
- School of Sociology and Social Policy
Our campus is a ten-minute walk from Leeds city centre and boasts 5 libraries, an award winning Students Union and Careers Centre, and sporting facilities with one of the largest fitness suites of any UK university.
The University is committed to creating an inspiring and supportive space for your studies and has committed more the £520m to a transformative campus development programme.
We are here to support you with your studies and prepare you for a fruitful career. Our Skills@Library offers academic skills support via workshops, one-to-one consultations and drop-in sessions from academic writing, to referencing and time management.
Our award-winning Careers Centre is also on hand to help you with your CV and job applications as well as find a job or work experience. You can book a one-to-one appointment and take advantage of the online job database to search for roles.
The University’s 5 libraries offer an abundance of resources as well as individual and group study spaces. Many postgraduate students enjoy the postgraduate-only floor in the Edward Boyle library as well as the silent study zones. You can also book out study rooms to study with your course mates and practice for upcoming presentations.
Leeds University Union is at the heart of campus and hosts over 300 clubs and societies where you can try something new, learn new skills and make new friends. The Union hosts a number of events and activities throughout the year, from meditation, to presentation skills workshops, and trips across the UK.
The Edge is the University’s fitness, sport and wellbeing facility which includes a 25m eight lane swimming pool, climbing wall, squash course, sports hall and so much more. Whether you want to join a sports team to practice your sport, or just go for a workout between your classes, the Edge has something for you.
More from Leeds Faculty of Social Sciences
Facts and figures
- Number of students: Over 10,000