About Johnson Matthey Plc
Inspiring science, enhancing life
Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over 90% of our sales come from technologies that benefit the environment and health, enhancing people’s lives on a global scale. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation as a global leader in sustainable technologies created and driven through innovation – but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
Drawing on our expertise in catalysis and materials science, we develop and manufacture a wide range of high technology products including:
- Emission control catalysts
- Catalysts and absorbents for industrial processes
- Precious metal chemicals and catalysts
- Catalysts for chemical processes, fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Fabricated precious metal alloys, including medical device components
- Functional glass materials
- Battery materials Catalysts and components for fuel cells
- Catalysts and technologies for bio-renewables.
We also offer services in the refining and management of platinum group metals, chemical process and technology licensing, diagnostic services for the oil and gas industries, and pharmaceutical research and development.
We have continued to develop our technology for 200 years, demonstrating the company's ability to maintain world leadership by adapting constantly to rapidly changing customer needs. We take R&D seriously, with around £200m invested last year and 1500 staff working in our Technology Centres in the UK and the US.
Our graduate opportunities are as diverse as our organisation. We offer both structured rotational programmes for future leaders, and a direct entry route where you’ll join one of our business units from day 1, developing deep technical expertise. Whichever route you choose, you will be given real responsibilities working within a team environment on new or existing projects. We’ll challenge, support, develop and reward you throughout your journey with us.