About Johnson Matthey Plc
Taking urgent action to address climate change. Our science & innovation enables us to accelerate the transition to net zero.
Johnson Matthey’s technology enables all innovations of the power train on the decarbonisation journey.
For example, today there are around 11m electric vehicles on the world’s roads, but that figure is expected to increase to 145m by 2030. For that reason, we are investing hundreds of millions of pounds into our Battery Materials business while holding advanced conversations with a number of well-known battery and car manufacturers to deliver the next generation of battery power.
By 2050 the world will also need eight times more hydrogen than is produced today, for both the transport and energy needs of the future. JM is perfectly placed to build on our leading position in all forms of hydrogen production and fuel cells technology.
But the world’s transport system is not going to decarbonise overnight and our catalytic converters will continue to improve air quality from existing and new internal combustion engines for the next decade and beyond, especially as governments continue to introduce strict new regulations.
We are well positioned to help the world tread a more sustainable path. Right now, over 80% of our products contribute to four UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In June 2021 we announced a new sustainability strategy that will see over 95% of our product sales, and 95% of our R&D spend, aligned with these four priority SDGs by 2030.
We will do this whilst also being net zero in our own operations by 2040.
Our Recruitment Process
- Deadline for applications is 30th October 2021.
- SJT and Video interviews 5-21st November
- Mon 22nd November screening
- Shortlist and validation 6th December
- Assessment Centres January 2022
Culture and Values
Protecting people and the planet
- We practice the highest standards of health and safety, promote wellbeing for people both inside and outside of work, and seek to safeguard our planet.
Acting with integrity
- We do the right thing, for people and for the world. We do what we say we’ll do, expect the same of each other and speak up when there’s a problem.
- We place importance on relationships internally and externally, treating others with respect and care.
- We encourage collaboration inside JM and out, sharing and embracing diverse viewpoints.
- We tackle problems together, put our ideas into practice and take pride in combining our contributions to create something better for JM and our customers.
Innovating and improving
- We adapt and embrace new ideas to make us stronger and our world cleaner and healthier.
- We are confident and resilient through change; growing and developing ourselves and JM, to ensure we are a leader in our chosen markets.
Owning what we do
- We take accountability for our own work, and know we are also part of something bigger.
- We take the initiative, seek clarity and demand high standards from ourselves and our colleagues.
Equality and Diversity
Diverse by nature, inclusive by culture: that's our aim.
Our science and our people have shaped Johnson Matthey into the truly innovative, progressive and responsible business that it is today. Over 200 years we’ve grown far and wide, across continents and cultures, and now boast 13,000 employees worldwide. It’s essential that our staff, today and in the future, feel safe, valued and supported in the workplace. There are differences that make us unique, but one overarching similarity that connects us all: we are many people but we are one JM.
More from Johnson Matthey Plc
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 10000+
- Information Services
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
- Technical Consultancy
- Technical Sales
- Business & Systems Analysis
- Network Engineering
- Technical Support
- Web development
- Data Science
- Science, R&D, Food industry
- Agriculture, Animals & Plants
- Social & Market Research
- Product R&D
- Compliance & Regulation