£29,000 - £32,750
Transform our urban legacy
Are you ready to be part of a world-leading, inspiring and ambitious team? We’re making some exciting changes to our company brands and uniting SNC-Lavalin, Atkins, and Faithful+ Gould (operating under AtkinsRéalis our new name is Project & Programme Services). Aligned to this we’re introducing a brand new look.
This is a journey, and it will take time to evolve, so for early careers you will still see us as Atkins for the time being. Please be reassured that this doesn’t impact any of the roles you apply for – we’re still us, just better.
Atkins, operating under AtkinsRéalis is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design, engineering and project management expertise. With us, you’ll join a team that asks questions and dares to see things differently while engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
Join our Graduate Development Programme where you'll be trusted with complex work and supported by your peers, line managers and senior leaders. We’ll give you everything you need to thrive; from plenty of opportunities in areas you’re interested in, to flexibility for work, life and study – not to mention excellent training and support to develop professionally. Join us: you'll be in great company.
Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring. We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’ on our website.
Where you could work
Our Infrastructure business is actively seeking graduates to join our growing internationally respected Airport team. We’re well established at all major UK airports, including Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester and have a growing portfolio of overseas commissions, so can offer exciting opportunities to support on a wide range of UK and international airport projects.
Whether you join the Airport Planning or Airfield Civil Engineering team, you’ll be supported by passionate industry experts to reach your potential. We’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, based on trust and transparency, where you’ll be encouraged to collaborate, share ideas and listen to different perspectives, ensuring our continued success.
Minimum of a 2.2 Master's degree in an Airport Planning related discipline
Atkins is seeking passionate Graduate Airport Planners to join their growing Aviation Business, working on a number of high-profile airport development projects. Our activities include consulting advice on brand new large scale airport masterplans, airport capacity planning for short to medium term growth as well as providing airport advisory services.
As an Airport Planning Graduate, you’ll be undertaking a variety of airport-related planning studies and assessments. Holding an Airport Planning related post graduate qualification, you’ll have knowledge and/or experience of airport planning, and an understanding of airfield planning, terminal planning, surface access planning, facilities planning and CAA, EASA, ICAO and IATA standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing airport masterplans
- Scoping and undertaking studies on airfield layout, apron configuration and passenger terminal planning and surface access planning
- Data analysis, demand and capacity assessment and interpretation thereof
- Benchmarking to support analysis, modelling and simulation
- Writing of technical reports and presentations
- Attending and presenting at project meetings
- Support to the marketing team in business development activities including input to tenders
Airfield Civil Engineering
: Minimum of a 2.2 Master's degree in Civil Engineering
As a Civil Engineering graduate with a demonstrable interest in airports and/or pavements, you’ll be given opportunities to work on a variety of airport-related design projects.
The opportunity would suit a graduate with ambitions to work in the aviation industry, joining a group of passionate industry experts within an already well-established team. Our team supports Civil Engineering graduates through our Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engineering design of runways, taxiways and aircraft aprons
- Pavement rehabilitation projects to extend the life of runways, taxiways and stands
- Planning of airfield development projects
- Airfield asset surveys to understand pavement condition
- Writing technical reports and presentations
- Involvement at project meetings including meetings with clients
- Improving sustainability in the projects including carbon assessment and reduction
- Promoting digital developments in the Aviation Engineering sector
- Using complex spreadsheets and databases
What you can bring
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies.
Training and development
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into a wide variety of areas of work and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie.
Featuring a series of training events and modules, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience as well as practical skills development, you’ll work on real projects from day one, that offer scale and variety, collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation where applicable; so whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Meeting your needs
As well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives to support you:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Two paid annual volunteer days
Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development
Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to various company-wide development programmes
An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Life #InsideAtkins - join hundreds of talented graduates, with opportunities from skill-building to social events, charity challenges, Young Professional Awards, social clubs, and exciting secondments.
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Click "Apply Now" below to start your application.
Do also check out our Connectr platform for tips and advice on applying. You can message your questions directly to one of our graduate mentors.
We’re a Disability Confident Employer, and can make adjustments to support you to perform at your best during the recruitment process. Please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can support you.
Our programmes are incredibly popular, so please apply as soon as possible as roles will close based on the volume of applications.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy. From designing end-to-end project solutions to pioneering new technologies and ways of working, everything we do supports our goal of delivering outstanding project outcomes for our clients, while engineering a better future for our planet and its people – no matter the scale, complexity or location of their project.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins are an A rated sponsor, if you have any queries regarding sponsorship, please visit our International Student careers page.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
£29,000 - £32,750