AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses, and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm.
AECOM is one of the world’s largest professional engineering consultancies, bringing a comprehensive portfolio of building services and engineering skills to projects encompassing all types of building and use from world class sporting venues through to commercial properties, healthcare & research, hotels, industrial & manufacturing, and infrastructure both in Ireland and overseas.
We have opportunities in Ireland for Building Surveying graduates to work within our surveying teams, to help provide a range of building surveying services to our clients in Ireland and around the world.
AECOM provides building surveying services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisation’s in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
- Commercial and High Density Residential - Technical Due Diligence
- Commercial & Institutional – Condition Surveys
- Education & Residential – Assigned Certifier and BCaR advisory
- Project Monitoring Surveys – Forward funded Investors
- Dilapidation Surveys
- Contract Administration
- PPP - Independent Tester
Professional Based Work
You will be given the opportunity to undertake schedules of condition, dilapidations and technical due diligence work. Working under the guidance of senior staff to enable you to gain experience and knowledge in these areas.
You will be given the opportunity to assist the Senior /Associate Building Surveyors with all aspects of building compliance management under the role of Assigned Certifier in accordance with the Building Control (amendment) Regulations.
The Building Surveyor role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for as well as the team for which you will be working. General Building Surveying duties are listed below and will be provided as far as practicable to ensure breadth of knowledge for gaining successful Chartership through the SCSI APC.
- Building regulations
- Condition Surveys
- Technical Due Diligence
- Building Pathology
- Feasibility Studies
- Design and specification
- Tendering process
- Contract administration
- Measured surveys
A Building Surveying Graduate at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, and see projects from inception to completion on site.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2.1 or equivalent) in Building Surveying SCSI/RICS accredited
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to work in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team.