AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses, and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across Ireland for graduates to work within our Project Management Teams.
As a Graduate Project Manager at AECOM, you have the opportunity to work on a number of exciting projects across a wide array of sectors. These include education, health care, sports facilities, residential and transport to name but a few, for both public and private sector clients.
The role of the Project Manager is dynamic and stimulating. As a graduate Project Manager you will assist other members of the Project Management team to drive projects forward and ensure that our clients achieve the built assets that their business function requires. This involves working at all stages of the project from initial concept right through to construction and operation of the building. The Project Manager is a key interface between the client, design team, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
The Project Manager helps to ensure actions are carried out by the appropriate parties at the right times to ensure deadlines are met and that value is added to the clients projects.
To be effective in the role of a Graduate Project Manager you must have strong communication skills, be good at building relationships and rapport with the various parties involved in a project, be good at planning and managing your time, be highly motivated, and be committed to delivering excellent service to our clients.
Day to day duties include:
- Regular liaison with all relevant parties,
- Liaising/Assisting Senior/Associate Project Managers
- Contact administration,
- Data management
- Coordinating the project team
- Planning key tasks
- Reporting on progress and cost
- Site visits and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (min 2:1 or equivalent) in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential. SCSI / CIOB/ RICS / CABE accreditation preferred.
- A Master’s degree in Project Management or Construction Management & relevant work experience would be an advantage.
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well
Dublin, Cork, Galway