Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years’ design and engineering expertise.
Driven to discovering new ways to answer the world's biggest challenges, we help clients to bring their projects to life and make a real difference to people's lives around the world.
We’re searching for curious minds who ask questions and dare to do things differently. Graduates have the opportunity to be part of a wide variety of projects that can leave a lasting legacy, from helping to provide drinkable water in third world countries to solving the energy problems of the future. As a leading international consultancy, we offer graduates the chance to work with major global clients from BAE Systems to High Speed 2. Graduates will find opportunities across a variety of areas from aerospace to energy, transport to technology.
With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, graduates can be sure that they are in great company. Supported by line managers, senior leaders, the Learning & Development team and the graduate community, they’re given the trust and flexibility to drive their own development. You’ll be part of a diverse environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is not only encouraged, it’s highly valued.
We offer a graduate experience like no other, where graduates are surrounded by a wealth of design and engineering expertise. You’ll gain the skills and knowledge to develop thriving early careers, supplemented by world-class training, including professional schemes that can lead to Chartered status. You’ll benefit from a competitive package with a £2,500 settling-in bonus and a £2,500 Chartership bonus, flexible holidays and volunteer days. Our Graduate salaries are between £28,000-30,000* (*Most graduate roles fall within this bracket). Atkins invites graduates to join the minds who want to build a better world.
Equality and diversity
We solve some of the most complex engineering problems that Europe faces today – applying innovative thinking, pioneering technologies and outstanding projects to create the best outcome for clients and society, every single time. And this is all made possible by the people that make up Atkins and SNC-Lavalin.
From re-designing Heathrow to transforming offshore wind and nuclear, our community of diverse thought and different perspectives come together to make incredible things happen. It’s a community that shares the belief that everyone’s voice is valuable and should be treated equally. A community that understands that everyone deserves to feel like they belong – no exceptions.
In the UK & Europe region, we have specific areas of focus that we’re promising to deliver on. They differ from our other regions and have been carefully selected to reflect what we’ve heard matters most to people here. We continue to build awareness and empower our employees and communities to make a difference and continue to hold ourselves and others to account. To help us stay accountable, we'll set clear objective which includes targets, and continuously evaluate our progress against them annually. We want to ensure our work is accredited and endorsed by third-party experts, as well as by the personal experiences of our employees.
- Weave ED&I into everything we do
- Have no barriers perceived, potential or actual
- We will increase female and ethnically diverse representation in our senior leadership community by 2023 (UK)
- ED&I will be embedded in our culture
- We will be the respected voice both inside and outside of our sector to accelerate change
- Identify and recruit from the most diverse talent pool (we’re a Disability Confident employer, click here to learn more.)
- Increase our early careers intake to 37% female
- Launch and embed a Returners programme
- Deliver on our promise as part of the Equality & Human Rights Commission campaign 'Working Forward' - a campaign to support pregnant mums and new parents
- Develop and improve new initiatives, such as our 'Thrive' development programme aimed at talent from underrepresented groups
- Identify and raise awareness of role models as part of our ongoing communication programme
- Support those who may need a reasonale adjustment to address a challenge at work or during recruitment (click here to learn more)
- We work closely with Clear Company to continue our Clear Assured journey. Currently, we have Silver status
More than just commercial imperatives, these are our responsibilities as a business committed to leading the change we want to see in the UK & Europe region. We know that it won’t be easy. There’s no two ways about it. But they’re the first steps in our journey to become an even more diverse and inclusive business, and we’re committed to making progress. Why? Because simply put, it’s the right thing to do.
More from Atkins
- Civil & Structural
- Property, Construction & QS
- Sales & Lettings
- Property Consultant
- Property Asset Management
- Building Services
- Management Consulting