Who We Are
Discover. A brighter future.
Our United Kingdom (UK) offices help drive our tech innovations and expand our global commerce. We are headquartered in the US, with UK teams that are vital to delivering technology platforms and application solutions for every business unit, across the globe. All while supporting Discover Global Network, the payments brand for Discover Financial Services.
Our mission is to help people achieve a brighter financial future. From establishing good credit, to paying for an education, to consolidating debt— we help our customers succeed. The Discover Global Network connects banks, card-members and merchants around the world with innovative commerce solutions.
We believe deeply in succeeding by inspiring our employees to grow in their own careers. We build an environment of support and innovation to change the game in company culture. Here, every employee has the chance to shine bright.
What We Offer
The Business Technology Graduate Development Programme
Bring Enthusiasm. Shine Bright.
The Business Technology Graduate Development Programme is an exciting 2-year rotational programme designed for new graduates. Throughout your rotations, you’ll tackle challenging global projects on various financial services products to solve real customer problems. Our high-exposure roles offer valuable experience in computer engineering— and the support to deliver unprecedented revenue-driving projects. We’ve developed a robust infrastructure of professional and technical trainings to set you up for success from Day 1.
We’re looking for:
- Highly motivated graduates interested in growing their technical skills and executing technology initiatives in an agile environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum 2:2 degree classification OR
- 12 months of relevant full-time professional experience
The International Summer Internship
Bring Passion. Shine Bright.
Our International Summer Internship is an 8-12 week programme focused on a short-term technical assignment. Bring your passion, ideas, and the technical insights you’ve gained in university to get involved in challenging work from Day 1. You’ll gather international experience in the business technology function— including a visit to Discover Headquarters, located in Riverwoods, Illinois, just north of Chicago.
We’re looking for:
- Computer Engineering students with a strong academic profile
- Students passionate about continuing their professional development and advancing into managerial roles in a short time
- Students looking to gain a breadth of experience across key business areas
More from Discover
- Banking, Insurance & Financial Services
- Information Services
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
- Technical Consultancy
- Technical Sales
- Business & Systems Analysis
- Network Engineering
- Technical Support
- Web development
- Data Science