About Global Water Intelligence
Global Water Intelligence is the leading publisher and events organiser serving the international water industry.
Global Water Intelligence is an ambitious young company with around 70 employees based in Oxford, Austin (Texas) and Shanghai. We publish market-leading magazines, databases, and reports on the international water industry and run a series of successful events that are attended by delegates at the highest and most expert level of their profession.
Over the last 15 years we have built our business around being a trusted interface between our clients and their markets, providing our customers with the high-level intelligence that enables them to make the most informed strategic decisions for their business. We have developed our products and services to cover all key segments of the international water sector, including desalination and reuse, finance, digital solutions, utilities and industrial water.
Our teams encompass research, marketing, sales and customer success, data design, programming, IT and databases, and operations, and we collaborate across teams every day to bring our products to clients.
When you join Global Water Intelligence, regardless of business function, you will be part of a team with a shared set of values: we are endlessly curious, we don’t give up, we care about the quality and reliability of our work, we strive for honesty and integrity, and we work brilliantly together.
Why join us?
We are transformative: It is an exciting time to work at Global Water Intelligence. We are transforming the way that we do business and the service we offer to our clients. We have retained our reputation as the market-leader because we are never complacent about our position and our relationships with our clients. We work hard for it. We are passionate about our standing as the interface between our customers and their markets and improving and developing how we do this is on always on the top of our agenda.
We build the confidence and capabilities of our people: We understand that investing in and nurturing great people is key to our future success – and to your future success too. GWI offers bright people with great potential a rare opportunity to grow and accelerate their career within the organisation. Many of our managers and leadership team have climbed the ladder within GWI because we make sure we are always getting the best out of the people we have. When we find the right people, we make it our business to keep them.
Our recruitment process
Throughout the recruitment process at GWI, we want to get to know you and learn about your strengths and passions. Although the process may differ slightly between business functions, recruitment typically consists of the following stages:
- Application (CV and cover letter)
- Skills assessment
- First round interview
- Second round interview
Your application begins with your CV and cover letter, which should show us your experience and your motivation for applying to GWI. We want to hear what drives you and why you want to join our team, so we encourage you to tailor your CV and cover letter to the role you are applying for.
After reviewing your initial application, the next stage is a skills assessment. These short assessments, specific to the role you are applying for, give you the opportunity to engage with a task you might encounter in your role and help our hiring managers to assess your strengths in a business-focused scenario. This stage of the process is also designed to give you an idea of the work you might do in the role if you are hired, so you can self-assess to determine if the task is something you would enjoy doing.
At the interview stage, you will meet the hiring manager and one or two additional members of our team, who are keen to learn about your experience so far, talk through your skills assessment, and learn more about why you want to work at GWI. We may then ask you to attend a second interview with different members of our team, which will be another opportunity for you to learn about our business and for us to get to know you better.
If you are successful after these stages, we will offer you the position and look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Please note that you do not need a background in the water sector to apply for a role at GWI, although we welcome applicants with experience, academic or professional, in the industry. Many of our successful team, including researchers, do not have an academic background in the water sector but, through the recruitment process, demonstrated the skills and values we look for: a passion and curiosity for learning, an enthusiasm for working with a diverse team, and a commitment to growth. Once you are hired, we will provide you with in-depth personalised training to help you succeed in your role, and your line manager(s) will support you in developing your skills.
Culture and values
GWI has a unique corporate culture which can be summarised as follows:
- We are global: our market is totally international and we need to reflect that. We travel a lot and around 40% of our staff don’t come from the UK.
- We work for each other: we do work hard, but not out of fear or greed. It is because we care for each other, and it lightens the load of everyone if we all pull together.
- We balance the commercial with the idealistic: we are passionately committed to addressing the world’s water challenges, but we can only do what we do because we are a profitable business.
We are proud of our company culture, which is fostered by our core values:
- We want to know what is really happening in the world
- We want to understand the path ahead
- We look beyond the process at the outcome
- We don’t give up
- We care about the quality and reliability of our work
- We strive for truth and transparency
- We want to have a positive impact on the world
We are Team Amoeba
- We work for each other and we care for each other
- We know what everyone is doing and how what we do fits into the big picture
- We are a diverse group of people that work brilliantly together
- When we encounter the unexpected, we reshape ourselves to address it
We are transformative
- We transform our people
- We transform our business
- We transform our industry
- We transform our world
More from Global Water Intelligence
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 51 to 250
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Public Relations & Communications
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Science, R&D, Food industry
- Agriculture, Animals & Plants
- Social & Market Research
- Product R&D
- Compliance & Regulation