Starting your career at Hastings Direct gives you the chance to make your mark in an ambitious, rapidly growing and digitally driven business.
Who we are
2024 Graduate and Placement opportunities will open on the 8th January 2024. Follow us on targetjobs to stay up to date with our latest content and to be notified when roles go live.
Hastings Direct is a data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, offering a full range of car, van, bike and home insurance products.
It’s our attitude and the way we run our business that make us different. Our data driven, digitally – focused business module enables to remain agile, price effectively and deliver simple and straightforward service and products for customers.
It’s a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment, so it takes a certain kind of individual to thrive here - just ask any of our 3,500 colleagues. If you’re clearly a Hastings Direct person, you’ll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way!
We understand that your first placement or graduate role should be more than just a job. Our early career programmes give you the experience and technical knowledge to progress your career. We’ll provide you with a nurturing and challenging environment to help expand your horizons, develop new skills and make new connections. You’ll have all you need to launch a successful career.
When you join us, you’ll be making a real contribution to our success. We believe you deserve to share in that success, so we’ve developed an attractive, competitive and flexible salary and benefits package that recognises and rewards your part in our growth. Our rewards include:
– Attractive salary (pay reviews also completed each year)
– Dependant on programme location will be in Leicester, Bexhill or London
Competitive Bonus Scheme
- All colleagues are eligible for our annual 4Cs performance bonus, which is usually paid in March. The scheme is based on Hastings’ performance against our business goals and your own personal performance.
– We like to help our colleagues take a proactive approach in keeping themselves well, that’s why we fund our colleagues to be able to claim against everyday health care through our healthcare cash plan.
– As well as providing you with 4x your salary with our life assurance cover and income protection at no extra cost you, pension contribution match up to 10%, we are proud to provide you with an AWARD WINNING package which includes – discounts and cashback at everyday retailers and on our own products, fee free independent mortgage advice, and free access to financial wellbeing support.
Mental Wellbeing Programme
- At Hastings Direct we understand that mental health cannot not be scheduled, that’s why we have a range of support to help you keep yourself well. We have the thrive mental health app, our colleague assistance programme available 24/7, our own in-house mental health first aiders, support groups and a dedicated team to make sure we are covering your needs
– 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell one of your contracted weeks, social events throughout the year and much more …
In January 2024, applications will open for the following roles:
Data Analytics Graduate Programme – London or Bexhill
HR Graduate Programme - Bexhill or Leicester
Finance Graduate Programme - London, Leicester, or Bexhill
Insurer Services (Claims) Graduate Programme - Bexhill or Leicester
CIO Tech Year in Industry - Bexhill
CIO Tech Graduate Programme - Bexhill
Equality and diversity
We encourage our people to be themselves in the workplace because we know different perspectives strengthen the way we work. Our recruitment process is designed to attract and retain the best people from every background by celebrating differences and avoiding discrimination. We regularly monitor the demographic diversity of our colleagues at all levels we know the more colleagues we have from the different backgrounds the more likely we are to have diversity of thinking. It doesn’t stop there. We know that representation without true inclusion isn’t the answer so we work hard to create an inclusive environment for all colleagues.
So, when you apply to work for us, you’ll find the recruitment and selection process reflects our values and beliefs. This means we’ll treat you with respect and dignity, bring out the best in you and allow you to be yourself. You’ll find it’s an approach that continues throughout your career with us. In recognition of this, we were placed at no. 4 in the 2022-23 Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers league table – the annual list produced by Inclusive Companies, an organisation that helps employers foster an inclusive environment that recognises and values the differences of each employee.