About Institution of Mechanical Engineers
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is a leading professional engineering body, with 115,000 members worldwide.
As society, industry and employers adapt to new ways of working, we are committed to supporting our graduate engineers. We will give you the skills, support, tools and connections you need to realise your full career potential.
Whether you have already started your career or are job hunting - join us as an Associate Member and get career ready. It is the membership grade designed specifically for graduate engineers.
As an Associate Member you, can:
• Get recognition with the post-nominal AMIMechE
• Work towards professional registration as a Chartered (CEng) or Incorporated (IEng) Engineer
• Develop essential work-ready skills
• Stay informed with the Professional Engineering app or magazine
• Get help with essentials through our Support Network's Newly Qualified fund
Equality and Diversity
We strive to be inclusive, act with integrity, innovate and make a positive impact. Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we do. Earlier this year we launched our new five-year strategy 'A Case for Change: Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-2025'. The strategy aims to make the Institution and engineering more attractive and welcoming to a wider community.
More from Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 51 to 250
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Warehouse Management
- Supply Chain
- Science, R&D, Food industry
- Agriculture, Animals & Plants
- Social & Market Research
- Product R&D
- Compliance & Regulation