About Maitland Chambers
Maitland has been regarded for many years as one of the pre-eminent sets of Chambers in the field of commercial and chancery litigation. We are instructed in a huge range of cases, from major international commercial litigation to disputes over the family home. The majority of our work is done in the Business and Property Courts in London, although we frequently advise and appear for clients in other parts of the United Kingdom and abroad.
Areas of work include:
- Commercial disputes: commercial contracts; banking; guarantees; financial instruments and derivatives; restraint of trade;
- Company and partnership law: shareholders' and directors' disputes; financial and market regulation; mergers and acquisitions; directors' disqualification; partnerships and LLPs;
- Corporate and individual insolvency: liquidation; administration; receivership; voluntary arrangements; bankruptcy;
- Professional negligence, including that of solicitors, accountants, auditors and surveyors;
- Civil fraud: fraud in the company and commercial context; tracing and recovery of assets; freezing and search orders;
- Real property: landlord and tenant; mortgages and other forms of security over property; easements and covenants; trusts of land; conveyancing and contracts for the development of land;
- Intellectual property and copyright; other disputes in the entertainment, media and sport arenas;
- Trusts and tax; charities; pensions; wills and administration of estates; family provision.