About Procter & Gamble
Nearly five billion times a day, P&G (Procter & Gamble) brands such as Pantene, Gillette and Fairy Liquid touch people’s lives globally.
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, with employees from over 140 countries, and operations in approximately 70 countries. P&G recruits the finest people and develops talent almost exclusively from within. Following a successful internship, placement or career academy, P&G hires graduates into permanent roles with the expectation that they become one of P&G’s future leaders... maybe even the next CEO. For those with any degree background, P&G offers careers in commercial areas such as; Sales, Brand Management, Finance and Accounting, IT and HR.
For those with a technical degree, careers in Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Network Operations are available. For R&D an engineering or science degree is required.
No matter what function you join at P&G, you can expect responsibility from day one, a variety of challenging roles that develop your skills, and a world-class training and support programme which will enable you throughout your career!
To ensure that everybody who is interested in joining our team has equal opportunity and ability to start that journey, we have made sure our hiring process is flexible and accessible. From the application to interviews, our team will adapt to your needs and what works best to help you show us your best.
A P&G application is the first step in the hiring process for internships, graduates looking for a full-time position, and experienced hires. This is your opportunity to tell us all about yourself. Be sure to make a note of any deadlines, which vary depending on the role, location, and other factors. Most positions and programs have rolling deadlines, but it’s best to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
After you submit your application, you may be directed to take one or more of our online assessments. Our assessments are unique and help us determine if P&G is a good fit for you— and vice versa. The P&G online assessment measures skills and abilities that generally do not emerge from interviews. We aim to let you know the results of your assessment, whether you have progressed to the next step of the hiring process, and what the next steps are within 30 days. If you don’t pass an assessment the first time around, you can try again after 12 months.
Once you have passed the assessments you will be invited to your first interview. Please note that to be successful in any application with P&G, you will need to pass three interviews in total. The purpose of a P&G interview is to get to know you better and give you a chance to ask us questions. You can expect to have one-on-one or panel interviews, which may be conducted virtually (online or via a phone call) or in person depending on your country. Most interviews last around 45-60 minutes, but there are no strict time limits. We use a combination of behavioral-based and situational interviews to get to know the real you. With the intent of helping us to understand how you relate to, compare with, and connect with P&G PEAK Performance Factors: the competencies that define how our people succeed in today’s business environment.
The final step of application process is the job offer, where we will hopefully be able to welcome you to the team! Just as with every step, P&G is thorough in its decision-making process. In some cases, you will receive a P&G job offer letter within a week, and in others it may take much longer. Many factors affect how long it takes for us to contact you, including the role you have applied for, the urgency to fill the position, volume of applicants, the location of the role, and others. So, if you haven’t heard from us, rest assured we will be in touch, and that the length of time between your interview and us reaching out to you has no indication on whether we are going to offer you a position.
Culture and Values
Our products touch the lives of five billion people every day. And with great reach comes great responsibility – not just for our people and our products, but for the society we live in, and the communities we share.
Our People & Our Products:
- We invest heavily into the early development of our talents as we promote from within our own ranks and continuously, aiming to grow the skills of our employees.
- We offer a creative and dynamic work environment where our employees are at the core of everything we do. Whether you are helping to design our latest front-end innovation, selling to some of the UK and Ireland’s biggest retailers or designing a full-blown product launch, you will be empowered to succeed.
- Work life balance is something we take very seriously, as we know you do, so we offer a flexible and agile working environment.
- Most of all, we strive to represent the diversity of the consumers we serve. With around 60 nationalities represented in our Northern Europe workforce (>140 nationalities globally), our own diversity helps us to understand and meet the varied needs of consumers around the world: after all, the best thinking, best ideas and best innovations come from diverse teams with different experiences.
Our Society & Our Planet:
- All of which enables us to constantly (and proudly!) challenge the status quo. We redesign products (e.g. H&S beach plastic bottles) and implement wholly new business models (e.g. loop). We use our voice in marketing to address important issues such as gender equality (e.g. “The best men can be”, “Like A Girl”), and equality & inclusion (e.g. “The Words Matter”, “Love Over Bias”, “The Pause”).
- As a result of our responsibilities and commitments, P&G is consistently recognised as a leading graduate employer in the UK and Ireland. Listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Interview – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
More from Procter & Gamble
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 10000+
- Retail, Business & Commercial Services
- Management & Business