About Simmons & Simmons
We’re a truly international firm, with truly international reach.
We’re reimagining what a career in law looks like. It’s all part of our long-term strategy to change the way we work, so we can deliver smarter solutions – to our people and our clients. It means that when you join our firm, you’ll discover so much more than the practice of law.
About the trainee programme:
We offer training contracts in both Bristol and London, and either way, you’ll spend two years discovering the innovation we’re known for. As well as moving through four six-month seats across our practice areas, you’ll also benefit from the Compass programme; our unique and progressive trainee skills academy that offers a combination of practical learning and online tools designed to support your journey through to qualification.
Trainee profile/who we are looking for:
We want to hear from ambitious future lawyers, who are ready to leave their mark. We’re looking for students who are on course for at least a 2:1 in any degree subject. That said, academic performance isn’t everything: that’s why we look for raw talent and potential throughout our assessment process.
Discover what it’s like to be a trainee lawyer with one of our vacation schemes. Over one or two weeks in either Bristol or London, you’ll experience the work, the reach and the day-to-day buzz of our international firm. Throw yourself into this full programme of social events and work experience, and you’ll get a taste for our firm and the work we do, from research to drafting, and meetings to departmental training.
- Winter vacation scheme (London): A one-week scheme aimed specifically at final year students and graduates of all disciplines. Applications open 10 September 2021
- Spring insight scheme (London): A two-day workshop for first year students of all disciplines, as well as penultimate year non-law students. Applications open 19 November 2021
- Summer vacation scheme (London): A two-week scheme open to penultimate and final year students and graduates of all disciplines. Applications open 19 September 2021
- Summer vacation scheme (Bristol): A two-week scheme open to penultimate and final year students and graduates of all disciplines. Applications open 19 September 2021
More from Simmons & Simmons
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 1001 to 5000
- Law Solicitors
- Law, Legal Services & Patents