ADAS, part of the RSK Group, is seeking an Assistant Arboricultural Consultant, to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. This is a hybrid working opportunity based in South East England.
Our Arboricultural business comprises a skilled team of chartered and highly qualified Arboriculturists focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and rural industries. The team has a vast amount of experience in all aspects of BS5837 tree surveys and planning advice, tree risk surveys and policy advice, utility arboriculture and woodland management. The successful candidate will join a team of Arboricultural professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a related arboricultural qualification who is looking for an opportunity to gain arboricultural surveying and consultancy experience within an established arboricultural team and with good opportunities for longer-term career progression.
- Supporting with tree surveys and providing advice to a range of developer clients in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012.
- Assisting with tree health surveys, hazard assessment, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys and reports for developers, utilities and other corporate organisations
- Assisting with and servicing on-site implementation of arboricultural works including the supervision of contractors
- Specifying tree works in line with the requirements of BS3998:2010
- Supporting with Tree Preservation Order queries
- Using a range of different survey tools including handheld computers and survey software including GIS systems.
- Produce tree risk management surveys and reports using THREATS, QTRA or other recognized system
- A full driving licence is essential
- Flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
- The candidate must also hold a recognised arboricultural qualification (minimum Level 3 or completion of an Arboriculture module within an equivalent Horticulture or Landscape degree award)
We would be looking for the candidate to have or be willing to obtain:
- A Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as Arboricultural Association
- Experience in using Autocad
Salary and Benefits
- £24,000 per annum
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
- Regular training and career development (including fundinand time allowances for related academic course attendance)