£31,000 - £34,000
This role is part of our graduate recruitment scheme, the first step in a career in financial modelling. Upon joining, you will begin our bespoke programme of expert training, including a range of formal and informal methods and new project roles, designed to equip you with the experience and skills to progress from Analyst to Senior Consultant and beyond.
Operis is a specialist firm of consultants providing financial modelling expertise and related advisory services to financial institutions involved in major projects and structured financings, including P3s, infrastructure and energy transactions. Headquartered in London, England, Operis was established in 1990 and opened an office in Toronto in 2014 which is growing rapidly. Its involvement in transactions includes building the financial models, auditing those built by others and providing structuring advice. It is a leading independent provider of P3 financial advice in Europe and is developing the same services in North America. The company comprises some 60 individuals with very strong academic backgrounds and a dedicated approach to their work.
- Completing the detailed analysis of a model and associated documentation in order to provide assurances on a model audit.
- Building financial models to a specification provided by the Project Manager. All aspects of modelling may be required to support the completion of the project.
- Running, editing, enhancing, populating and fine-tuning models.
- Developing bespoke systems for clients.
- Provision of financial and numerical analysis.
- Supporting the Advisory team's work.
- A love of working with numbers and solving number puzzles.
Effective communicator who can explain ideas and concepts.
- Internal teamwork is essential. Candidates must be happy to work in a co-operative and flexible environment.
- Self-motivated and confident in working independently.
If many of the answers are yes, and you have a numerical Bachelor or Masters degree with strong academic credentials it would be great to hear from you. Prior knowledge of finance is not required, as we will provide you with training unmatched in its ability to turn new graduates into experts in modelling, advisory and project finance.
We are very keen to hear from candidates with languages (particularly French and Spanish) and programming skills. Please highlight these in your application form and your CV/Cover Letter.
Operis recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from female candidates as women are currently under-represented in our Analytical team.
£31,000 - £34,000