£25,000 - £30,000
Did you realise that your STEM degree could lead to a top IT career and a recognised qualification in Software Development? Dorset Software has rewarding opportunities for graduates or PhD postgraduates to join our consulting team. No previous experience is needed as our comprehensive training programme covers everything you need to know to become a first-class developer.
Dorset Software is a leading provider of innovative IT development services. Our services are used to deliver software development programmes, maintain and support existing technology and develop new systems for a range of high profile clients spanning multiple industries.
Working either in-house or at client sites across the UK, you’ll be designing and developing the world-class solutions we deliver every day. You’ll become proficient in a wide range of skills including cloud infrastructure, programming, application engineering and testing. Through practical hands-on experience and ongoing training, you’ll be continually expanding your knowledge and developing new skills.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or a PhD in a STEM subject, plus an excellent academic background
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- A passion for technology and motivation to quickly develop a wide range of development skills
- A willingness to travel and work at client sites across the UK
- Salary of £27,000 during initial 5-month training period, rising to £30,240 on completion
- 5 months full time training at our dedicated Training Centre in Poole
- A government accredited qualification in Software Development, equivalent to a Foundation Degree, after 2 years
- Regular salary reviews (projected salary after 2 years: £c48,000)
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working hours and holiday provision
- A relaxed work environment
- Job variety working with blue-chip and public sector clients on a number of unique projects
- Company pension scheme
- Regular subsidised sporting and social events
- Onsite bike parking and shower facilities
- An unlimited supply of chocolate biscuits, or fresh fruit for the health conscious!
£25,000 - £30,000