The NHS has been crowned the UK’s most popular graduate employer for the second year running, following a survey of nearly 30,000 undergraduates.
Even at a time when public sector recruitment is under pressure, students are still drawn to the high quality of the NHS graduate schemes. This enabled the NHS to hold on to the top spot in the ranked list of the 300 most popular UK employers generated by the survey, the trendence Graduate Barometer 2014. The research was carried out by trendence, Europe’s leading research institute specialising in employer branding, which is owned by the same parent company as TARGETjobs.
Students will discover the full list of the 300 most sought-after employers, as well as their rankings within career sectors, when the UK 300 is published in September and distributed to universities. The top ten employers in 2014 are as follows:
- NHS Graduate Schemes
- Jaguar Land Rover
- John Lewis Partnership
Here are some other highlights of the research:
- Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis Partnership and Rolls-Royce entered the top ten in 2014, having been outside it in 2013.
- The biggest riser in the top 100 was Mars, up 50 places from 2013.
- The top three law firms, Allen & Overy, Linklaters and Clifford Chance, saw their popularity increase significantly.
- Although many banks fell slightly or stayed the same in the rankings, HSBC rose from 47 in 2013 to 28 in 2014.
More advice to help you research employers
- Check out the full trendence barometer 2014 list of the 300 most popular graduate employers in the UK
- Find out about employers and pick up application tips from our employer hubs
- How to get into the top graduate professions from accountancy to teaching
- Explore the UK 300