About American Express
You lead the way. We’ve got your back.
American Express is a globally integrated payments company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible—and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey, with programs and benefits to back you at each stage of your career and life. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our powerful backing promise to our customers and each other every day. And, we’ll do it in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
With a variety of mentorship and educational opportunities available, you’ll develop your professional skill-set while gaining real-world career experience. As a part of #TeamAmex, our interns are encouraged to roll up their sleeves and contribute their unique points of view to help impact and shape a global iconic brand.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
The recruitment process
- Submit your application: This is a place to share who you are, and why you’re passionate about joining #TeamAmex.
- Then, let’s get to know each other
After the application, you will be asked to complete a few steps to better help us evaluate you on a personal level. This is an opportunity for us to get to know you as a candidate and potential colleague and for you to learn more about the programme you applied to and the Company as a whole.
Undergraduate Summer Internship & Graduate Programmes
- Round 1 - Submit a pre-recorded video answering questions specific to the role you have applied for. If you have applied for more than one role, you will be required to submit a separate video answering questions specific to that role.
- Round 2 - Next, you will participate in a virtual assessment centre that includes competency-based interviews, case studies and group discussions to showcase your communication, analytical and team interaction skills.
MBA Internship Summer Programme
- Round 1 - This consists of one or two consecutive 45-60 minute virtual interviews. This is a chance to showcase your skill sets and highlight your creativity.
- Round 2 - Upon completing the first round, selected candidates will be invited for two one-hour-long virtual interviews with senior leaders.
Equality and diversity
Our differences are what shape the world, and we’re committed to ensuring everyone is seen, heard, and feels like they truly belong. That’s why we’re actively cultivating an inclusive and diverse workplace where every voice is valued, teamwork is rewarded, and different points of view are celebrated. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for the creativity and innovation we need to be and deliver our best, for our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve.
We remain committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and creating a welcoming, equitable and inclusive workplace and Company. American Express supports this work through the following initiatives:
- Forming an Office of Enterprise Inclusion, Diversity and Business Engagement
- Mandatory inclusive leadership and unconscious bias training for all colleagues
- 100% pay parity for gender
American Express has 15 Colleague Networks focusing on ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, generations and more. From informal networking events to community initiatives, our Colleague Networks, which are open to everyone, help support personal and professional development, skill-building and career growth. With over 100 chapters globally, we will continue to create an inclusive culture – together.
Our Colleague Networks;
ANA Asian Network at American Express | BEN Black Engagement Network | CHAI Jewish NetworkDAN Disability Awareness Network | Families at American Express Network | GEN Generations Network | HOLA Hispanic Origin & Latin American | Millennial Network | PEACE Muslim Network | PRIDE + Network | SALT Christian Network | VET Veterans Network | Virtual Office Network | WIN Women’s Interest Network | WIT Women in Technology Network
More from American Express
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 10000+
- Banking, Insurance & Financial Services