About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake.
Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is separated into 5 different business segments which each specialise in different ways to help organisations protect and enhance their market value as businesses in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment.
The business is growing and we are looking for bright, motivated graduates to contribute to our success in the following practice areas:
- Economic and Financial Consulting – our graduates help to solve complex problems by providing sophisticated analysis of complicated economic and market issues.
- Forensic and Litigation Consulting (Forensic Accounting, Data and Analytics and Financial Services schemes) – our forensic accounting graduates assist our clients on bribery and corruption, regulatory, fraud and financial crime related issues across a wide range of industries. Our Financial Services graduates support projects for clients in identifying and addressing complex issues whilst enabling them to achieve cost efficiency and implement enduring commercial solutions.
- Strategic Communications – our graduates help clients utilise communications strategies to support and further their business objectives and protect their brand, reputation, and valuation.
- Corporate Finance (Restructuring, and Tax Advisory schemes) – our restructuring graduates deal with high profile and complex insolvency cases and our tax graduates provide corporate tax advisory services to multinational businesses ranging from tax transaction support to best practice process implementation and structuring.
- Technology – Our Technology graduates work directly with companies and their law firms to help with challenges such as collection from the cloud, multi-jurisdictional discovery and e-discovery cost control. We do this by implementing strategic solutions that incorporate our software, services and expertise for matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
It is the talent and expertise of our people that makes FTI Consulting a global thought leader in business advisory services and consulting.
Our professionals have decades of practical experience and have earned the trust and respect of business leaders, government bodies, financial institutions and lawyers worldwide. With this reputation we are able to build strong relationships with clients which enables us to proactively anticipate their needs and offer advice.
Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, FTI’s meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
What this means for you:
- Be part of a growing firm with over 4,600 employees globally in 29 countries;
- Work in an environment that cultivates knowledge to drive success;
- Exciting opportunities to work on diverse and varied projects, and have the potential to work overseas on secondment with clients across EMEA;
- Learning and Development training opportunities throughout the graduate scheme and beyond;
- Work on extremely rewarding projects with the chance to work across business areas;
- Located in the heart of the City of London;
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Step One: Online application with CV, cover letter or motivational question
Step Two: Video Interview
Step Three: Assessment Centre/Interviews
Step Four: Final interview
At FTI Consulting, regardless of business segment, level or location, we have similar expectations and aspirations for ourselves and others, and we have been able to capture that spirit through the articulation of our common values, which spell out the words “I CARE” and emphasises two points:
“I” implies that living the values is a personal exercise — one for which each of us has responsibility.
“CARE” implies both concern for the wellbeing of the organisation and also ownership — that having this organization thrive matters to each of us.
Shared values enables us to stride in the same direction together:
- Integrity - I act with integrity
- Creativity - I am committed to continuous improvement
- Achievement - I am committed to quality and accountable for results
- Respect - I welcome diversity and differences of opinion
- Empathy - I support others
Equality and Diversity
At FTI Consulting, we recognise that our ability to build and extend a world-class global consulting firm requires attracting the best professionals from every talent pool available. We have been working tremendously hard to create an inclusive and high-performing culture in which our professionals can grow their careers and achieve their full potential. We also acknowledge that meaningful change takes time, and, while there is still a great deal of work to do, we will not waver in our commitment to remain transparent and accountable for building a diverse and inclusive firm that embraces belonging. We are committed to this because we believe we must attract the best professionals in the market and invest behind them to deliver innovative and collaborative solutions for our global clientele. FTI Consulting’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging efforts extend globally through a multi-pronged approach focused on attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent. This includes programs and strategies aimed at hiring, retaining and developing top female talent at all levels of the firm as well as talent from underrepresented populations that will support our aspirations for continuing to build a diverse and inclusive firm culture.
Human Capital Report
Issues of race, gender, equity and social injustice dominated the headlines in 2020, as well as our conversations at FTI Consulting. Read the firm’s first-ever Human Capital Report to learn how we stepped up and plan to hold ourselves accountable in the diversity, inclusion and belonging space online. Click the 'Find out more' button to see more on this.
FTI Consulting’s Women’s Initiative (FTI Win)
FTI Consulting is committed to ensuring that the firm is an employer of choice for highly talented female professionals by attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the best female talent. This commitment is supported by the firm's international WIN network which operates local chapters in offices across the globe. In London, the network consists of:
Internal Events – Internally focused activities including speakers, panels, training sessions and networking/social events providing opportunities to foster stronger relationships across the organisation.
External Events – Externally focused events allowing FTI Consulting’s female professionals to network with female clients and women's networks at other companies and other professional services firms.
Bame Network At FTI Consulting
Based on the principle that diversity can foster different ideas and opportunities to better service our clients, FTI Consulting's Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME) Network functions as a platform that encourages dialogues on cultural and ethnic diversity. The network supports all of the employees in the London office.
The BAME Network focuses its activities on the following:
Recruitment – In coordination with FTI's Human Resources department, the BAME Network will participate in Career Days to help capture a diverse work force. As a global firm, our staff base should mirror our clients and the communities around us
Talent retention – Programmes, such as the Diversity Advocacy Program, connect employees to advocates that supplement the roles of mentors, coaches, and project managers.
Internal network opportunities – Frequent, cross segment networking events that aim to create a more welcoming environment for employees and encourage collaboration.
Speaker series and events – We are seeking to learn from best practices of those who have effectively instituted such programs in the past. In doing so, we aim to inform our approach, which includes a focus on recruitment (entry-level and experienced hires) and engagement and outreach (internal trainings, engaging clients and the community).
Lgbt Network Groups At FTI Consulting
The LGBT+ Network aims to link together colleagues committed to sexual diversity in our workplace. Our network will create a welcoming space for discussion and support – and a means of connecting our colleagues to the wider LGBTQ community in our industries, referral groups and the local area.
The network functions as a forum for connecting and a means of peer support between LGBT staff and allies. The network also liaises with the broader Balance Network to share information on creating a more inclusive working environment.
Mind & Body Network At FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting strongly believes that all employees should be able to achieve their full potential within the workplace and that it has a responsibility to provide additional help to those who are disadvantaged by illness, disability or care responsibilities. The Mind and Body Network has been established to support those colleagues who face additional challenges in their lives; whether that be due to mental health issues, disability – visible or invisible – or having additional care responsibilities.
- Mental health – consulting work can be demanding and the fluctuations in pressure can result in highly stressful situations. We are committed to supporting colleagues struggling with stress or other mental health issues with managerial support, necessary adjustments and counselling.
- Disability – in order to build a diverse workforce, FTI Consulting believes in making reasonable adjustments for employees who have visible and invisible disabilities in order that they are able to carry out their work to the best of their abilities.
- Care responsibilities – everyone, at some stage in their career, finds themselves with the additional pressure of needing to balance their work with the care of a loved one. We work with our employees to encourage them to speak up when they need flexibility in their working days in order to take loved ones to hospital, to care for a sick relative, etc.
Organisations/partnerships and charities:
We are aligned with the following:
- Best Workplace for Women™ by Great Place to Work UK
- Stonewall – Global Diversity Champions
- 10000 Black Interns
More from FTI Consulting
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 5001 to 10000
- Accounting & Finance
- Banking, Insurance & Financial Services
- Management Consulting