At Savills, our best asset is our people. We support, develop and challenge all of our people to become the best that they can be, by being themselves and adding their own unique DNA to our exceptional culture.
Who We Are
Savills is a leading global real estate provider listed on the London Stock Exchange. We have over 40,000 employees in over 700 offices throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
"The fact that Savills has been voted the 'Times Graduate Employer of Choice' for property for 16 consecutive years is a testament to the investment we make and the importance we attach to the graduate programme. Through strong markets and weak markets, Savills has always invested in the programme because graduates are the life blood of our business"
Chief Executive Officer UK & EMEA
We will do our best to update you as soon as possible on the progress of your application. See below for further information regarding each stage of your application process.
Please note that all stages will be required for all graduate pathways and Sandwich Placements. For the insight programme, we will require just an online application. For the Summer Scheme we will require an online application and either a virtual interview or half day assessment centre (dependent on pathway).
Graduate Scheme and Sandwich Placement Timetable
- Applications open at 10am on 18th September 2023 and will close at 5pm on 8th November 2023
- We will then ask you to complete a behavioural assessment
- Screening takes place once applications have closed
- Candidates are then invited to Assessment Centres, in late November or December dependent on pathway)
- Assessment Centres take place from late November to late January (dependent on pathway)
- Interviews then take place in the following weeks after the Assessment Centre
- Offers all go out by the end of February
Stage one: Online Application
Submit your application, including CV and cover letter or essay questions – this will be screened by Savills fee earners.
- Take note of deadlines and include all relevant achievements and work experience
- Read our programme descriptions carefully and explain how you would be a good candidate
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes in your CV and cover letter/essay questions
- In your CV, include transferrable skills, a summary of your current situation, your degree and achievements
- Use a consistent and readable font, keep the CV to 2 pages maximum
- Try and make your application as specific to Savills and the role as possible
- Research the role and business before applying
- For the Graduate and Sandwich Placement Programmes, once applications close, we will send all candidates an Arctic Shores Behavioural Assessment, which on average takes about 45 minutes. This is part of the application stage.
Stage two: Assessment Centre
If your online application is successful you will be invited to an assessment day.
- Show us a realistic representation of you and your abilities
- Contribute to the group discussions without being too dominant
- Prepare – understand the business and your areas of interest
- Speak to as many Savills employees as possible
- We will look for potential, so will be expecting to teach gradautes relevant skills - it is not necessary to be polished at this stage
- We are looking for more than just knowledge, make sure you are reading the brief and showing good attention to detail, making note of timings and being includive with other candidates - these are all things we assess
Please note that we cover £50 worth of travel expenses to everyone who has to travel to the assessment centre. We will give you as much notice as possible to ensure the lowest possible fares.
Stage three: Interview
If you are successful at assessment day you will be invited to attend an interview to be conducted by a panel of Savills employees up to director level.
Prepare as much as you can by visiting our website and reading property publications
- Interviewers often ask for examples about yourself, so think of times when you have shown initiative, solved a problem or taken the lead
- Be yourself, the interviewer wants to get to know you
- Ask questions – it’s a two way conversation
- Know your CV
- Research the company
- Re-read the job description
Please note that we cover £50 worth of travel expenses to everyone who has to travel to the interview. We will give you as much notice as possible to ensure the lowest possible fares.
We are striving to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and so ask for diversity information to assess the effectiveness of our procedures and identify where changes need to be made.
The information is used for monitoring purposes only and the more information you supply the more effective our monitoring will be.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Savills uses the Rare Contextual Recruitment System to give us context as to your achievements in light of your socio-economic, personal and academic circumstances.
Rare will highlight the broader context surrounding your academic grades or wider CV. This allows Savills to understand each applicant’s achievements in the context that they have been gained, so we can assess your achievements in light of your surrounding personal circumstances. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper and we want to recruit the best people, from every background.
2022 Savills Graduate Programme Overview
Culture & Values
Our people individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of Savills.
Founded in the UK in 1855, Savills is one of the world's leading property agents. Our experience and expertise spans 600 offices across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Over 35,000 people work for us in more than 60 countries. This breadth of global coverage, combined with specialist services and market insight, means we'll always have an expert who is local to you.
Savills award-winning programme sees graduates gain the training, experience and support they need to build fulfilling careers in real estate. We pride ourselves on offering the best possible experience from the day you receive your offer letter with us, through the training programmes which support career development with opportunities up to director level.
Forty percent of our Board joined the business as graduates, and each year around 45 percent of those promoted have come through the graduate scheme.
There are various pathways you can follow on our schemes. Find out which part of our business would suit you best by understanding the roles we offer and the different services we provide.
Working at Savills offers a wide range of benefits for graduates. Some of which include:
- Permanent Contract – All graduates are offered a permanent contract, as opposed to a 2 year training contract
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Scheme – Royal London
- Company mobile phone
- Private medical insurance arranged through WPA
- Training and APC costs covered
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fundraising for our graduate charity – e.g. London Marathon, 3 Peaks Challenge, organising and hosting Young Surveyors Networking Events
- Employee discounts - save money using our MyRewards on thousands of discounts and offers
- Join a graduate committee, including: charity, client development and instagrad
- Pitch your idea to our Board via the Savills Dragons Den (Innovation and growth initiative)
- Sports activities (Hockey, Netball, Skiing, Rugby, Football, Cricket, Badminton & Squash)
- Employee Assistance Programme – A 24 hour service available to all staff and completely confidential
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- ShareSave - Save As You Earn share option scheme
- Give as you Earn - make a donation to charity and receive tax relief at your marginal rate
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Savills is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our teams will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We attract, recruit and retain the best people in property. Right across the world, and in areas of property as diverse as real estate management and venture capital funding.
We also have working groups which look at six areas of D&I which the business have identified as important to our staff:
- Socio Economic
Savills maintains a diversity working group designed to:
- Identify ways to increase diversity.
- Enable the property industry to increase its appeal and accessibility to wider talent.
- Establish international associations and subsidiaries that permit minority trainees to spend time in our principal offices.
At Savills UK, our approach to sustainability matters is holistic, and we recognise the importance of responsible, sustainable real estate. We remain committed to 9 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) most material to our business. Each of these goals acts as a blueprint for our sustainability strategy:
- Good Health and Well-Being - provide healthy workplaces, encourage healthy lifestyles and raise awareness of mental health & wellbeing.
- Quality Education - create opportunities for growth and development for our people and within the communities that we impact.
- Gender Equality - promote gender equality and aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment for all.
- Affordable and Clean Energy - maximise energy efficiency, minimise carbon emissions and work continuously towards net zero carbon targets.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth - operating responsibly and providing fair, safe and diverse workplaces.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities - we work with government, national and local communities to create sustainable places.
- Responsible Consumption and Production - reduce our environmental impacts through active operational management and responsible procurement.
- Climate Action - work continuously to reduce carbon emissions in accordance with our Net zero pathway and commitment to the Science Based Targets Initiative. We will also remain aligned to TCFD (Task Force for Climate Related Disclosure).
- Life On Land - we expect our suppliers to operate responsibly and seek to protect biodiversity and ecosystems.
Hebe joined the Savills Future Talent Team in 2018.
She oversees and manages the graduate recruitment and internship programmes; including, attraction, application, selection and offers.
The UK 300 2021/22
The 300 most popular graduate employers in the UK, as voted by students
The Times Graduate Recruitment Awards 2023 - Graduate Employer of Choice - Property
The Times Graduate Recruitment Awards 2023 - Graduate Employer of Choice - Property
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2023
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers
Best 100 Student Employers 2023-2024
Rate My Placement's Best 100 Student Employers 2023-2024
Best Student Employer Winner
Rate My Placement Best Student Employer 2023-2024
We aren’t currently hiring
Follow us to be notified as soon as we post new jobs & opportunities.