Graduate careers in Aberdeen
The traditional Aberdonian food, fishing and farming industries also attract those wishing to work in hospitality, catering and food technology, logistics and manufacturing. Over the past few years, the numbers of businesses setting up in Aberdeen has grown significantly, creating an increasing number of job opportunities.
Recently, many niche business sectors (eg IT, engineering specialisms, software development, electronic design, biotechnologies and environmental sciences) have set up home in Aberdeen’s science and business parks, providing tech-savvy graduates with a variety of opportunities.
One of the UK’s oldest universities, the University of Aberdeen also boasts one of the highest rates of student satisfaction in the country. The university itself offers a wide range of masters programmes in subjects ranging from business to nutrition to environmental microbiology.
The Robert Gordon University based in Aberdeen ranks very highly in the UK for student employability and is known for its excellent library and information management ratings.
The Scottish Rural College is popular with agricultural and land-based postgrads.
- CMS Cameron McKenna, Aberdeen (Law)
- Aberdeen City Council, Aberdeen (Public sector; Construction; Healthcare)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Aberdeen (Logistics; Management; Finance)
- Siemens, Aberdeen (IT; Engineering)
- Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Limited, Aberdeen (Engineering; Quantity surveying)
- Flight Centre, Aberdeen (Hospitality, leisure and travel; Retail)
- LFI Creative, Aberdeen (Graphic design; Web design)
- Shell UK Ltd, Aberdeen (Quantity surveying; Engineering)
- Bond Dickinson, Aberdeen (Law)
- Oil & Gas UK, Aberdeen (Public sector; Environmental)
(Note: these companies may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- Striking granite architecture
- Many times winner of the Britain in Bloom competition
- Thriving arts scene – it is home to the Aberdeen International Youth Festival and the Aberdeen Jazz Festival
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Stonehaven – 15 miles
- Peterhead – 32 miles
- Dundee – 66 miles
Browse vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in Scotland