What can I do with a biology degree?
There are plenty of careers available to biology students, but since there isn’t a single obvious path, sometimes it can be problematic deciding what to do after graduating.
This guide should help you think about the skills you have, the jobs they can be applied to, and the options available.
Specific skills you will have gained include:
- time and self-management
- data management, analysis and interpretation
- concise and accurate writing and communication skills
- research skills
- organisational skills
- presentation skills
- ability to identify and predict trends and patterns
- ability to interpret and evaluate events, information, and ideas
- computer literacy
Other options include:
- banking and finance
- environmental consultancy
- human resources
- medical writing
- pharmaceuticals research & development
- regulatory affairs
- sales and marketing
- science journalism
- water and environmental control.
Having a biology degree doesn’t even need to restrict you to these careers. All of these celebrities studied biology:
- Lisa Kudrow
- Trish Stragus (WWE wrestler)
- Roger Meddows-Taylor (Queen drummer)
- Jared Diamond
- Brian ‘Dexter’ Holland (Offspring)
Get science, research and development related careers advice.